FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Bridge Search Results don't always return true results.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Ross
Adobe Bridge Search Results don't always return true results.
on Apr 26, 2015 at 6:34:34 pm

Hey all,

We are sharing a large music library over our SANS and using Adobe bridge meta data to organize our music files. I've noticed that when you search within the main folder for all music, we don't always get true results. In todays case, I added 3 folders of music to the main folder this morning. Then went to search for a file with the name "Fueled" in it.

It returned zero results. Since I new I had downloaded that track specifically, I went directly to its source folder and opened it, (letting it cache all the info). Then went back to the main folder and did the search for "fueled" again, this time it worked.

It seems that you need to open up each sub-folder at least once, for it to make it searchable. This is kind of un-acceptable. The assistant editors are constantly adding new music folders as we attempt to get the entire library into bridge. If they have to go to each machine and open each sub folder one at a time for our searches to work... this is not a manageable workflow.

I've also tried going to the root and then in Menu/view/show items from subfolders.
this results in about a 2-3 minute wait as it "builds criteria" and then it seems to be at about a 80-90% success rate of finding new files.

The major problem with this "show items from subfolders" is that it doesn't store this info. So if I do a search in the search bar, if I want to go back to the full list of everything (in this case 8,634 files) it then takes another 2-3 minutes to load the criteria again.

Is there anyway to save this as cache? I've checked and unchecked every option I could find in the preferences, and nothing has helped.

Thanks in advance. Bridge can be an extremely powerful tool, and we are hoping to really use it... however if we can't trust its results this could change our entire workflow. Not to mention the weeks of effort we've already put in building our database.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Adobe Bridge Search Results don't always return true results.
on May 4, 2015 at 7:51:53 pm

Hi Jon,
You can file a feature request/bug report here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish
Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!