FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 release crashes when importing XML from Final Cut 7

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Gore
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 release crashes when importing XML from Final Cut 7
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:44:05 pm

Good morning, On Thursday, 3/19/15, we installed Adobe Creative Cloud software on our editing computer -
DELL Optiplex 7010
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40 GHz
16.0 G RAM
64-bit OS
AMD Radeon HD7500 video (w/recent driver upgrade)

After installing Photoshop, when I opened the software, the system would crash. A search for possible reasons suggested that a video driver upgrade might be necessary. It was upgraded to version 14.501.1003.0 and quit crashing.
I then installed Premiere Pro and it worked without any issues - UNTIL - I started researching how to open projects originally edited on the MAC with Final Cut 7. Export XML - Import XML. Seems simple enough...

When I attempted to import the XML file in Premiere, there was absolutely ZERO hesitation...the screen went white and a box with "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Premiere is working every other way. Older projects edited with prior versions of Premiere open and can be edited, etc., but the Import XML crashing issue has me stumped.

Fortunately, time is on my side because I still have the MAC and Final Cut, but we'd like to migrate most of the current projects to CC and begin using Premiere.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]