FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it safe to invest long hours into learning Adobe software?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mane Feka
Is it safe to invest long hours into learning Adobe software?
on Mar 14, 2015 at 2:03:34 am

Last year I invested long hours into learning FCP 7. Although I became more insightful and confident, I decided to switch back to Adobe Premiere Pro (in fear that subsequent Operating Systems would no longer support FCP 7). As I'm investing long hours into learning Adobe Premiere Pro, and other Adobe software, do you guys think it's safe to assume that Adobe software will continue to be widely-used for many years to come? My hope is to be certified by Adobe, but I would hate to invest more time into programs and find that they become obsolete in the next few years.

Are there other competitors to keep an eye out for besides Avid and Final Cut pro?

If my hope is to be an outstanding candidate for jobs, which software (along with non-adobe programs) should I invest in?

Hope to hear your recommendations and experiences.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
Re: Is it safe to invest long hours into learning Adobe software?
on Mar 15, 2015 at 11:09:08 pm

[Mane Feka] "I'm investing long hours into learning Adobe Premiere Pro, and other Adobe software, do you guys think it's safe to assume that Adobe software will continue to be widely-used for many years to come?"

Yes, would be my answer. This is based on the observation that a number of larger organisations are moving to the Adobe CC platform. Do keep in mind that Adobe CC is soo much more than just Premiere Pro.

[Mane Feka] "Are there other competitors to keep an eye out for besides Avid and Final Cut pro?"

Several, but what is your plan? Owner/operator or employee?

[Mane Feka] "If my hope is to be an outstanding candidate for jobs, which software (along with non-adobe programs) should I invest in?"

Software (& hardware) will not make you a better editor, compositor, graphics designer, web developer or anything else that you can think of doing with the Adobe CC or similar packages. Certification in using Adobe is certainly a good place to start.

However, you need a show-reel/portfolio of good work to show, rather than certificates in order to proceed in the media business.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]