FORUMS: list search recent posts

A hard question about GTX GPU

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shany Levi
A hard question about GTX GPU
on Jan 6, 2015 at 2:13:00 pm

ok, first of all I want to apologize for my grammar and for the chance I'm writing this post in the wrong place (couldn't find an answer in other places).

Here is the thing:
I'm going to buy a strong laptop for graphic designing and video editing (illustrator, Photoshop, indesign, premiere, After effects, audition etc..). I've started a research a week ago about GPUs and I'm having trouble with understanding few things:

I know there is no much point in comparing two GPU with spec's only. I know that numbers don't mean anything and the most reliable test is giving both of the GPUs the same action and and then comparing the results.
But as I said, I mostly use Adobe's softwares (different calculation than games fps count)- and I can't find this kind of tests for the GTX 970M/980M. Fix me if I'm wrong, but:
1. Isn't the 970M is a completely different GPU than the 970 (non mobile)?
2. Where can I find relevant tests for my needs from those GPUs?
3. What qualities should I look for when I look for a good GPU for my needs (As mentioned)?

Another thing is when I look on "notebookcheck.net" for example, they don't even mention the "VRAM".
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970M.126694.0.html
They only say "for the up to 6 GB of GDDR5 memory" for example.
4. What does it mean "up to"? DOES IT MEAN THAT THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO VERSIONS OF THE SAME GPU MODEL? A one with 3gb and a one with 6gb?

5. And my most important question:
I can't understand if Adobe's softwares know how to use SLI.

6. If SLI is not supported - would it be right to say that I better buy a laptop with one GTX 980M than a laptop with SLI GTX 970M (given the fact that a single 980M beats a single 970M)?
7. Is a not-supported SLI GTX work like the single version of this GTX?

Thank you so much for your patience!
You're the best!
Shany.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]