FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme 3d Useless with CC

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron huebner
Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme 3d Useless with CC
on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:52:27 pm

I have been using a Decklink HD Extreme 3d card (Black Magic) to output SDI with Premiere CS 6.0

I upgraded to Premiere CC and this version does NOT appear to know the Black Magic card exists.

I uninstalled the drivers (9.7.1.0) and then reinstalled the newer drivers (9.7.3) as per the friendly tech support at Black Magic suggested.

Premiere CS6 now sees the new updated drivers, but Premiere CC still does NOT see the card.

According to Adobe Tech Support, Premiere Creative Cloud does NOT support Black Magic Drivers prior to 10.??.??

I cannot upgrade the Black Magic card to one that uses the newer drivers due to the PCI bus on this computer that is less than 3 years old.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme 3d Useless with CC
on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:11:37 pm

Ron,
You might have better luck with this question in the Premiere Pro or BMD forums.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

ron huebner
on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:44:26 pm

I should have updated this earlier.
What I eventually found out is that the first driver to support both CS6 and CC was version 9.8.0.0

I should never have assumed that the driver didn't work just because Adobe doesn't officially support it.

According to the Black Magic People even the 10.?? will probably work with the older boards. They just aren't "officially" supported.

So after installing version 9.9.0.0 both versions of Premiere recognized the Black Magic Card. Ta Dah!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Nov 22, 2014 at 1:30:17 am

Awesome, Ron! Thanks for reporting back.

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]