FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phill Leonard
Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:56:13 pm

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue right now with the twirl effect and I am wondering if anyone has any possible solutions. I am using the twirl effect to achieve a swirling morph between two layers. One is a picture and one is a vector. I have them precomped a couple of times, because that's how I need it. I am also working in 3D space. I clicked the continuously rasterize button to keep my edges nice on the vector, but when I click the CT button on my final comp I get the clean edges of the vector, but I lose the twirl effect. I have deduced that for some reason the effect does not translate into 3D space, but I was wondering if anyone knew a work around. The only other thing I can thing of is to just blow up the vector in Illustrator and then import it back into AE so I don't need to use the CR button, but I feel like there should be an easier way.

Phill

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
on Nov 6, 2014 at 10:07:13 pm

I recommend posting After Effects questions in the After Effects forum:
https://forums.creativecow.net/adobeaftereffects

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Phill Leonard
Re: Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
on Nov 6, 2014 at 10:08:19 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]