FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Bridge crashing when viewing thumbnails for video

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Treat
Adobe Bridge crashing when viewing thumbnails for video
on Oct 22, 2014 at 3:31:59 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to Creative Cow... I am work in a media department with 7 others... Trying to use Adobe Bridge in our workflow for large video projects. I want to add keywords using Bridge. Bridge is crashing every time I open it up. I have been spending many long hours doing Tech support with Adobe. My question is...
Has anyone else been trying to use Adobe Bridge to organize and keyword videos and has anyone experienced Adobe Bridge crashing?
I am on an I MAC 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
and I am running Adobe CC recently updated...

Return to posts index

Leon Ouwendijk
Re: Adobe Bridge crashing when viewing thumbnails for video
on Feb 9, 2015 at 8:01:24 pm

Hi Daniel,

I experience the very same problem but found a workaround. I found that Bridge does not crash on video files when working in a workspace that doesn't involve large thumbnails.

Before navigating to the video files folder, I switch to the Metadata workspace. Once Bridge has indexed the files (check the bottom left of the Bridge window), I can switch to a workspace that does involve large thumbnails (i.e. Light Table or Preview) without a problem.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Daniel Treat
on Feb 9, 2015 at 10:03:07 pm

Wow! Thank you so much... We were in the process of experimenting with that exact solution... We had not come to a conclusion yet but we were hoping that was the case... Again thank you!

Daniel,

Return to posts index

Leon Ouwendijk
on Feb 9, 2015 at 10:46:49 pm

My reply was a little late but glad I could help. :-)

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit / ASRock X79 Extreme6 / Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.88Ghz / Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 8 x 8GB PC3-12800 @ 1600MHz / Zotac GTX 760 4GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]