FORUMS: list search recent posts

new macbooks: which one for CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Power
new macbooks: which one for CC?
on Jul 30, 2014 at 11:50:45 am

Hey, was thinking of buying a new computer since my macbook white can't handle things anymore. At first was thinking of building a hackintosh but now i think most of my editing is going to be done on the road so thinking of buying one of the new macbooks and attach a screen to it when at home. my question is: which one should i buy? 13 or 15 in? is it really worth going top of the line? I'm gonna use it mainly with PR and wanted to start learning AE. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: new macbooks: which one for CC?
on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:41:34 pm

The main relevant difference is the GT 750M GPU in the 15" model. This makes a huge difference for Premiere Pro, which uses the GPU to accelerate a lot of things.

The larger screen size is also a big deal when you're trying to do visual work, like video editing and graphic design.

So, personally, I'd go with the 15". It's what I'm typing on right now, in fact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Power
Re: new macbooks: which one for CC?
on Jul 31, 2014 at 10:54:04 am

Thank you. I heard that premiere can also use the iris graphics card to render faster and that it actually performs well. Is that true? What kind of work can you push the 15 inch to do? Rendering and exporting big projects? AE? I'm looking to use it as my main computer attached to a screen when at home and push the hackintosh build to later. you think it can serve that purpose? thanks in advance for your reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]