FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Bridge's search engine is Horrible! Is there any plugins or setting tweaks to make the search engine better?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Chaulk
Adobe Bridge's search engine is Horrible! Is there any plugins or setting tweaks to make the search engine better?
on Jun 26, 2014 at 2:27:21 pm

When I search for "woosh" in bridge under my SFX folder it comes up with 10 results. When I do the same search using windows explorer it comes up with over a houndred woosh sounds. I've noticed that if the file name is written "Woosh_1" or "Woosh13" or anything where there is no space after the key word bridge will not find it. Is there anything I can do to make bridge's search engine work better?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Adobe Bridge's search engine is Horrible! Is there any plugins or setting tweaks to make the search engine better?
on Jun 27, 2014 at 10:57:27 pm

That's very strange. I just tried the same thing (Bridge CC 64 bit), and the search works just as you would have expected. For example, I have a file in my DEMOS folder called "3D_Clamp_Cutaway.mp4". When I do a search on "Clamp", it finds it; when I do a search on "3D", it finds it; when I do a search on "Cutaway", it finds it, when typed either in upper or lower case. Needless to say, the quotes around my searches above are not used in the actual Bridge search, and in the test I was using the Search window with the magnifying glass in the upper right hand bar of the interface, not the popup interface which spawns when you do CTRL-F.

What version of Bridge are you using? I also use Bridge CS6 on my workstation, and it works the same way.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Joshua Chaulk
Re: Adobe Bridge's search engine is Horrible! Is there any plugins or setting tweaks to make the search engine better?
on Jun 30, 2014 at 3:09:00 pm

I am using Adobe Bridge CC (64 bit) as well! I have it updated to the latest version too. I am not sure why i am having these issues then. I have browsed all through the preferences and I can't seam to find a solution!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 30, 2014 at 7:23:02 pm

Joshua -

One thing you might try is to select all of the elements in the folder, right click, and choose "Purge Cache for Selection". While I know what it does, I don't know why it often solves some very funky problems I've had in the past, such as having a .mov file, which is perfectly able to take keywords, not take them.

It's just a guess, but it's worth trying. I've had it solve problems which had me scratching my head.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]