FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very sad...

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Very sad...
on May 16, 2014 at 11:55:49 am

We consistently have at least 2 interns from the myriad of colleges here with production or communication programs. Since last summer we've had 4. I had to wean them from FCP7, which they had been raised on in school, and for the most part, they've loved Premiere and AE, especially the integration aspect.

Now, with the problems we've been having for the past several weeks, and seeing that with CC we're spending approximately 40% of our time editing, and the remaining 60% troubleshooting, they're looking at other solutions as well.

I currently have a project finished that I can NOT output. Encoding to H.264 is reportedly going to take over 100 hours - for a 3 minute timeline, and the deadline is tomorrow. Luckily, I have the free version of LightWorks, so I'm probably going to have to rebuild it there.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Very sad...
on May 16, 2014 at 11:15:46 pm

Hi Steve,
Sorry you're having problems again. Let me research this issue and see what's going on.

In the mean time, can you enable Mercury Playback Engine Software Only in Premiere Pro and AME? Try exporting from both Premiere and AME and see if your encode times return to normal.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 16, 2014 at 11:47:01 pm

Thanks Kevin, but it's actually been a long standing issue, though it's gotten much worse lately. It seems to be a problem with Magic Bullet Looks, although they can't figure it out. At the suggestion of another COW member, I'm just going to abandon that plugin on future projects until a new version is released.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 16, 2014 at 11:55:01 pm

OK, Steve. Thanks for reporting back. I also sent you an email if you need further support.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

James Poll
on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:33:45 pm

Hi Steve,

Don't know if this helps, but I've had similar experiences with slow exports to H264 when using Looks (and we're on PrPro CS6).

Here's what I do to work around the problem:

Don't try to export directly to H264 from Premiere. Our sequences are built on our delivery codec, which is DVCProHD. With the entire timeline rendered, I export the sequence as a hi-res DVCProHD file, then turn around and drop that DVCProHD MOV back into Media Encoder for a conversion to H264.

Usually I am able to get a "fast export" of my sequence to the hi-res MOV, and the subsequent conversion to H264 is also quick, since you're just going from one format to another, and nothing needs to be re-rendered/encoded.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:43:22 pm

Strangely enough, I was having the problem again on a project that had sat dormant for a few months. On every attempt at encoding, the process would halt at a particular frame. I tried, as you suggest, other codecs and wrappers, even uncompressed, and it would happen every time. Figuring that the clip in which the halt occurred might be corrupted, I transcoded it to other formats and replace the seemingly errant file with one of them, and the halt was still happening. Then I realized that the halt was happening on the LAST frame of that clip, which probably meant that it was actually halting on the NEXT clip. Sure enough, I had neglected to remove MB Looks from that next clip. Removed Looks and encoding then worked perfectly.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]