FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe ID Not Valid Anymore???

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Walker
Adobe ID Not Valid Anymore???
on May 14, 2014 at 9:51:31 pm
Last Edited By Ryan Walker on May 14, 2014 at 9:56:48 pm

I'm in the middle of a major project and I received a popup to sign into my Creative Cloud manager. I did so, and my password was deemed invalid. I then tried to reset the password and I was informed my Adobe ID was invalid. This was my biggest fear in using this silly product. I'm knee deep in a project, and I'm locked out of Premiere. I've made payment, and restarted my Mac and taken the normal steps.

Just Spoke to customer support and this is what they said

Bopanna N B: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
Bopanna N B: Hi Ryan.
Ryan Walker: Hey
Bopanna N B: We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to high wait time.
Bopanna N B: We are sorry but Adobe.com and related services are experiencing a login based outage. Our apologies for the inconvenience and request you to check back after a few hours as our IT/Web team is working on this.
Bopanna N B: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Ryan Walker: I can't open Premiere. So I'm just done for the day?
Bopanna N B: I suggest you to contact us after some hours to help you fix the issue, we are working on it.
Bopanna N B: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Ryan Walker: Really should offer a product you can maintain. I'm out

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Adobe ID Not Valid Anymore???
on May 14, 2014 at 11:15:12 pm

Hi Ryan,
As our agent said, we are currently experiencing problems related to the Adobe Creative Cloud application. Very sorry that this is affecting your ability to get work done. We are working on a fix, which should be resolved soon. On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
on May 14, 2014 at 11:55:15 pm
Last Edited By Ryan Walker on May 14, 2014 at 11:58:38 pm

Kevin,
While it's nice that you've apologized, I still don't have a working product. The product was paid for and I expect the service. Like I stated before, don't move Adobe products fully online if you can't supply the service you've promised. I don't care about a refund. What I care about is that I can't deliver on a project I've promised.

We have enough computer and software problems without Adobe adding another layer mess to it all. Nothing personal Kevin, but the concept of CC stinks. It's just another headache.

Return to posts index

Ian Crockford
on May 15, 2014 at 8:53:11 am

For me, I think one of the even more annoying issues with this outage is that it doesn't appear to be reported anywhere. I contacted support, like you, and got exactly (word-for-word) the same response about the outage. I asked where I could check on the status of this issue and was told that there was no web page where services outages were reported. So now, I've no idea how to be kept informed as to when the issue may be resolved, and will just be facing a day of "maybe".

I just don't understand why Adobe don't publish service status information. Is it, perhaps, because the service is so flaky and they have something to hide? Personally, I've not had this issue before, but perhaps I've just been lucky. And if this event *is* a rarity, why not be upfront and honest, report the problem, and be open with their customers?

Mind boggles.

Ian

Return to posts index

Cécile Féat
on May 15, 2014 at 9:18:21 am

There is a page with status update:

https://status.creativecloud.com/

Return to posts index

Ian Crockford
on May 15, 2014 at 10:17:38 am

Thank you. Useful to know!

Shame the Adobe help agent didn't know about this page, mind!

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on May 15, 2014 at 2:11:56 pm

I'm getting the same error. I'm able to use the programs with no problem, but the Creative Cloud app doesn't work. Hopefully they fix this before the apps needs to sign in to work. I believe it has to sign in every month or so.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.

Return to posts index

Andrew Clark
on May 15, 2014 at 5:36:22 pm

Yikes ... is this true; that we have to sign in every month (or more often) to keep the applications running?!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 15, 2014 at 6:17:41 pm

Hi Ryan,
A fix is coming very soon. In the mean time, you can try the following:

• Take your computer offline
  • \
  • Launch the CC app

• Put the machine back online

• See if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Monahan
    Adobe After Effects
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
    on May 15, 2014 at 6:43:27 pm

Hey Kevin,
    CC asked me to do the 30-day trial in every single program. Is the 30-day mode a replica of the original program, or am I going to be limited on features? When everything returns back to normal, is the 30-day trial going to be tough to deal with, or is it as simple as putting in my ID?

Please do tell what is happening to the Adobe CC that has turned this into a day plus situation? How long do you see this playing out for?

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
    on May 15, 2014 at 7:54:26 pm

Hi Ryan,

[Ryan Walker] "CC asked me to do the 30-day trial in every single program. Is the 30-day mode a replica of the original program, or am I going to be limited on features?"

Right, this puts you into "trial mode." The 30 day trial is a fully functioning trial.

[Ryan Walker] "When everything returns back to normal, is the 30-day trial going to be tough to deal with, or is it as simple as putting in my ID?"

Yes, It should be as simple as signing back in.

[Ryan Walker] "Please do tell what is happening to the Adobe CC that has turned this into a day plus situation?"

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question specifically. Sorry.

[Ryan Walker] "How long do you see this playing out for?"

Another answer I can't give specifically, but we are working hard on a fix. Stay tuned to https://twitter.com/AdobeCare for updated info.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Monahan
    Adobe After Effects
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
    on May 15, 2014 at 8:41:31 pm

Hi,
    Here is a doc with the official workaround: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-service-outage.html...

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Monahan
    Adobe After Effects
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
    on May 15, 2014 at 2:08:57 pm

It sure would be useful if Adobe had a temporary, time limited, manual authentication method in the absence of online authentication. That'd keep this kind of mess from ever happening. Businesses NEED their software working in order to stay in business. Unless this is addressed thoughtfully, outages like this are going to kill the trust. I say this as a two year CC member with two accounts and, so far, no issues.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

David Hildreth
    on May 15, 2014 at 3:48:25 pm

I am having a similar issue. All though I can't seem to get into any app without signing in. Is there a workaround?

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
    on May 15, 2014 at 7:17:04 pm
    Last Edited By Ryan Walker on May 15, 2014 at 7:26:34 pm

I'm in the 30 Day trial and all of my assets are now missing. UGHHH! I'm guessing I locate all of the assets, and piece this back together and when I'm done in trial mode I have to do it again? My guess is that the AE files and Speed Grading is going to be jacked as well. Oh Adobe and your super cloud!!!!!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
    on May 15, 2014 at 7:58:45 pm

Hi Ryan,

[Ryan Walker] "I'm in the 30 Day trial and all of my assets are now missing. "

Your assets shouldn't be missing when you open the project. You may have to relink the clips, though. Is that what you mean? Relinking is somewhat of an automated process so that should not be too difficult to get through. If so, please let us know your specific issue.

[Ryan Walker] "when I'm done in trial mode I have to do it again?"

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Do you mean relinking clips in your older project? Let us know any specific problems you're having currently and we'll try to help.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Monahan
    Adobe After Effects
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
    on May 15, 2014 at 9:10:27 pm
    Last Edited By Ryan Walker on May 15, 2014 at 9:11:55 pm

Right, I followed the normal steps. Not working properly for some reason. I've been waiting for 10 minutes and the yellow bar hasn't moved (see attached photo). Something is off here. Trouble shooting trial modes sounds like riot, but I'll pass.

I'm closing up shop on this project and moving it over to FCPX. Appreciate the input Kevin.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
    We have restored Adobe login services
    on May 16, 2014 at 1:11:35 am

HI all,
    We have restored Adobe login services and all services are now online. https://status.creativecloud.com Sorry for any trouble this outage has caused.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Monahan
    Adobe After Effects
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    Adobe
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
    Re: We have restored Adobe login services
    on May 16, 2014 at 10:40:59 am

Sorry for any trouble this outage has caused.

what a detailed reassuring statement from adobe via Kevin Monaghan there. Honestly, isn't this a little insane?

Do they actually give a toss do you think?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Andrew Clark
    on May 16, 2014 at 4:53:45 pm

Back online, thank goodness!!

30 Days trial workaround; seriously?!

How about 30 Days complimentary service for us Adobe?! (Especially for Ryan).

Customer Service is severely lacking in the business world. If you ask your employee's to go the extra mile, why not deliver on that and go the extra mile to ensure above and beyond client satisfaction?!

One month of complimentary service for inconveniencing the customer is not going to hurt Adobe's bottom line by any means. If anything, it would increase it.

Return to posts index

Bud Solem
    on May 16, 2014 at 5:10:16 pm

It hasn't been restored for us. Every time I try to sign in the Creative Cloud app says "You have been signed out" and says "please sign in to continue". Try again and same result.

Anyone else having this issue, or with a solution?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andrew Clark
    on May 16, 2014 at 5:19:32 pm

Bud -

Maybe try quitting the Creative Cloud app, restart your computer, and then see if it launches and are able to sign in.

It's working for me ... so far.

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
    on May 16, 2014 at 9:38:03 pm

Working for me Bud

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]