FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update CS6 from CC

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
Update CS6 from CC
on May 10, 2014 at 6:04:47 pm

I'm looking for a little clarification.

I have a perpetual license for CS6 (Production Premium). I've recently subscribed to CC, and noticed there are updates for CS6. If I load the CS6 updates from CC, and if I terminate the CC subscription will I still be able to open my older CS6 projects w/ the updated CS6?

Thanks,

Jim

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Update CS6 from CC
on May 10, 2014 at 6:19:48 pm

Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on May 10, 2014 at 7:07:30 pm

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Robert Stone
on Sep 19, 2014 at 6:41:20 pm

Not always as simple as yes. When I went this route, the CS6 programs lost their dynamic links (PP to AE, AU, PS, BR) and other CS6 programs refused to launch (IL, EN). In order to use your CS6 products after not renewing CC, you may have to uninstall and then reinstall CS6. In my troubleshooting case, Adobe Tech support rep Shubham Doval indicated, "you need to uninstall all the cs6 as it is still part of cloud and install from setup of cs6 for perpetual . . . when you connect to cloud it converts cs6 into cc applications."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]