FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Cloud app barely working: ready to give up on CC completely

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Culbertson
Creative Cloud app barely working: ready to give up on CC completely
on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:47:19 pm

I've been dealing with CC app bugginess since I first installed it a couple of months ago. The CC app would randomly quit and sometimes not start up at all. Once it does this I have to restart my computer (sometimes multiple times) to get it to work again. No CC apps work once the CC app has quit. Also my CS6 apps have been effected since I installed CC and randomly quit as well. Deinstalling and reinstalling the CC app has not made a difference.

Yesterday I deinstalled all my CC and CS6 apps and ran the cc cleaner tool. I reinstalled the CC app, as well as, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects, and things seem to be OK for a couple of hours yesterday. This morning the CC app would not start up, restarting the computer does not fix anything, and I am completely dead in the water.

I was on the line with Adobe Tech Support and they were unable to help me. The final suggestion was to create a new user account on my computer and try that. But I do not have time to reinstall and reconfigure all my apps on a new user account.

Can anyone suggest any other possible fixes my CC woes? I am ready to jettison CC entirely, go back to CS6, and cancel my CC subscription until Adobe can work out these catastrophic CC bugs.

Thanks, James

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Creative Cloud app barely working: ready to give up on CC completely
on Nov 20, 2013 at 7:36:25 am

Are you on a Mac? Try manually adding and giving permission to the CC app in your users login items.

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:54:49 pm

I'll definitely try your suggestion out... though at the moment I cannot get the Adobe Creative Cloud app installer to initialize. It freezes immediately.

Fortunately, my CS6 apps are working fine again. So, I can keep working until Adobe works the bugs out of CC.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:28:33 am

Also you could try repairing the file permissions from the disk utility.

Return to posts index

Dino Sanacory
on Feb 28, 2014 at 5:39:51 am

You don't need to reinstall applications for a new user. Applications are available to all users. You will lose access to you personal files that are stored in your user folder but you should create and try the user as at lest a test. if that solves the problems, you will need to manually migrate your files over. If that doesn't solve your problems then it just sounds like another day with CC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]