FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing Settings Failed

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brady
Syncing Settings Failed
on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:49:39 pm

So, my company made the leap to CC last month and we've been enjoying the benefits of frequent support updates and all the new tools, etc.

But now I'm experiencing an error when attempting to sync with CC from Adobe Premiere Pro. Every time I tell Premiere to 'Sync Now', from any machine I get the popup message: "Syncing Settings Failed"

The software notes that the last successful sync was on the day I installed & ran the software for the first time. I'm logged into my Creative Cloud account, and logged into Adobe Premiere Pro ...what am I missing?

Best,
James

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas
http://www.resultsvideo.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Syncing Settings Failed
on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:03:07 pm

I recommend asking this question on the Premiere Pro forum, where the Premiere Pro experts are more likely to see this and be able to help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:12:00 pm

Agreed and done. I usually always post everything to both the COW and Adobe simultaneously. More eyes on the topic never hurts!

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:19:45 pm

Oh, I wasn't trying to discourage you from posting on the COW forum. I meant that posting on the Premiere Pro forum here on the COW would be a good idea. This "Creative Cloud" forum on the COW doesn't get the eyeballs that the Premiere Pro and After Effects forums on the COW do.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:21:30 pm

Oh, my apologies--I misread your original post. Good point... heading over to Premier forum now!

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:37:08 pm

Additional Info:

All staff on the same Adobe Creative Cloud team plan are experiencing this issue. We've all logged out and back in on various workstations (mostly Windows 7 Professional SP1).

A new version of Adobe CC (desktop application manager) was available and installed this morning on all systems--we noticed no change.

Oddly, Photoshop and Illustrator sync on all accounts with no problem.

But Premiere and After Effects DO NOT SYNC. Below are the error messages from each software:

Pr: "Syncing Settings Failed"

AE: "Authentication failed. Check network connection, Adobe ID, and password. Please try again."

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Oct 30, 2013 at 4:55:34 pm

I contacted adobe support, and the Adobee tech stated that the syncing functionality is in a state of flux while some updating is being done.

I was assured that the syncing functionality will return soon. That's my quick translation of this excerpt from my online discussion:

---------------------------------------------------------------

ADOBE: As part of the transition from the preview of desktop File Sync to release, we have been updating the server APIs and code that manages file sync. We had initially planned to take the preview offline for a short period of time for these updates, but some updates caused instability in the service.

In order to facilitate the transition from the preview, we suspended the desktop File Sync preview while we finalize the updates for the initial full release.

We plan to bring it back online prior to release, in order to allow additional testing. This does not affect mobile applications which use the file sync service.

We are continuing to work on file sync functionality, stability and performance in preparation for its release, which we anticipate in the coming weeks.

JAMES BRADY: So, to clarify: The inability to sync preference settings and workspaces in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC is expected behaviour at this time and will be corrected in a future release?

ADOBE: Yes, you are right.

---------------------------------------------------------------

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:44:47 pm

Yes, I've just confirmed that there has been a temporary outage that blocked the use of Sync Settings.

I just used the feature successfully from After Effects.

Try again and let us know.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:20:02 pm

Yes, After Effects is now syncing. Premiere is still not syncing.
But as in the above transcription, Adobe is working it out over the next few weeks.
I'm just happy knowing that it's a "known issue" and not something wrong with my account settings or such.
Thanks for all the feedback and info.

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]