FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote screening capabilities

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Breuer
Remote screening capabilities
on May 11, 2013 at 7:01:51 pm

I'm considering a switch from Avid after 21 years. Avid has remote capabilities but they are marketed to the networs and news folks and are more than I need and nowhere even remotely in my price range.

What are the remote screening capabilities of Creative Cloud? I edit from my studio in the Catskills. Currently I'm cutting two indie docs. The director of one is in NYC 160 miles away and the other is on the Jersey Shore. I also have corporate clients in Manhattan. I also have Broadcast clients who allow me to edit remotely (at least to the first cut phase).

I want to be able to work remotely with them so that I can playback and/or edit and they can see what I'm doing on their laptops. In addition, it would be great if they could screen independently without me and annotate their comments. Also for them to log remotely.

As much as I love my Symphony, I'm hearing great things about CS 6, the Creative Cloud model and I like the rental feature which works out better for me as a business expense rather than a capital expenditure.

Thanks.

Tony Breuer

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Remote screening capabilities
on May 13, 2013 at 3:07:54 pm

Hi Tony,
There aren't any remote screening capabilities built in. Great feature request, though: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Tony Breuer
on May 13, 2013 at 7:55:58 pm

Thanks for the timely reply Kevin.

I went to the link but there is no category for the Creative Cloud feature requests. I don't understand why a Team license would not have a collaboration feature. Especially with remote TV and Film productions, Avid has interplay sphere, but it is not priced for smaller collaborative projects. I tried Webex etc but none worked very well so I'm stuck using a Skype connection with my iPad camera facing the video monitor with the sound turned up. I works, but is not very elegant. It seems to me that there must be a very big market with freelancers, independent producers etc. who need realtime feedback from clients and nobody is addressing this need. I thought Creative Cloud Team would have this. I'm disappointed.

Thanks for the reply though. You were very helpful. Is there a Creative Cloud request page anywhere?

Tony Breuer

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 13, 2013 at 11:48:21 pm

Hi Tony,
You can direct your requests to the Premiere Pro team. We do have Adobe Anywhere, which would solve a lot of your problems. However, it is only available for enterprise customers at this stage. Sorry.

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]