FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe CC for a television series!? Workflow thoughts..

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DeJohn
Adobe CC for a television series!? Workflow thoughts..
on Sep 24, 2013 at 6:10:42 pm

Hello All! Long time lurker-first time poster.

Let's get down to brass tacks.

The production company I work at is currently gearing up to start production on a 10-one hr. episode series following a garage that does custom rebuilds on old cars, hot rods, etc. (Think West Coast Customs)
The series will primarily be shot with two story cams: primarily a Sony F3 and Cannon 5DMKIII. Two Sony EX1s and several GOPRO HERO 3 Blacks will be used for supporting BROLL, POV shots, etc.

In post we will be cutting on Mac Pro towers installed with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 with 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors, 20GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC memory, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics Cards.

Our team will consist of 1-2 AE's, 1-2 Story Producers, 2-3 Finish editors, 1 EP and 1 Director (whom will sit in post a bit). The post schedule is somewhat undetermined but will at least allow 7 months and at the most will allow a year.

We are in a unique situation as we have a sufficient number of seats for FCP7, AvidMC and the fresh new Adobe CC. Outside of working with the AdobeCC this past month cutting short 5-7 min videos for the web with no other personnel in my workflow, I've had no experience using Premiere Pro CC and the rest of the Adobe suite in anything long format, like this series. In the past we've mainly used FCP on our TV shows and AVID for only one series.

So my questions to all of you intelligent folks out there is:

Who has used Premiere Pro CC and the rest of the Adobe CC suite in a project of this scale and what did your workflow look like? What problems did you run into? What post production platform would you recommend in this situation?

I've searched high and low for a solid, full bodied workflow using the Adobe CC and come up kind of empty handed. I'm interested by applications like Prelude and how all of this could work for our post team but want to make sure we go about it the most efficient way possible.

OK! READY.......SET...............GOOOO!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Adobe CC for a television series!? Workflow thoughts..
on Sep 24, 2013 at 7:50:30 pm

I recommend posting this on the much-more-trafficked Premiere Pro forum, not this hardly-trafficked-at-all Creative Cloud forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael DeJohn
Re: Adobe CC for a television series!? Workflow thoughts..
on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:18:11 pm

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]