FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Muse wants separate subscription?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Adobe Muse wants separate subscription?
on Jul 31, 2013 at 10:59:23 pm

OK. I've been a CC subscriber for the last year and I just recently downloaded Muse and built a website for a client. (Sweet program, btw.) The problem is, when I launch Muse, it always tells me "You do not have a subscription to Adobe Muse". So, in spite of my CC subscription, Muse is acting like trial software and it won't allow me to launch my site. If Muse is part of CC, why does it want another subscription?

I've spent several hours today trying to figure this out. Meanwhile, my client is expecting a website. Today. After an hour with an Adobe chat representative; uninstalling, reinstalling, etc., he said that they couldn't help me and I needed to call phone support. So, I got on the phone and went through the menu only to discover that there is no phone support for Muse. (Other CC applications I've tried seem to work fine.)

I took matters into my own hands by downloading Adobe Cleaner and wiping out any trace of CC software and rebooting. Then I cancelled my CC subscription and created a brand new Adobe ID and signed up for CC again, re-downloaded the desktop app and installed Muse again. Same problem. The "You do not have a subscription to Adobe Muse" dialogue has three options: "Buy", "Quit" and "Begin Trial". I hadn't tried "Buy" yet so I hit that button and got taken to an Adobe site that offers purchase of a Muse subscription for $14.99 per month. And yes, I'm logged in to my new Adobe account with that fresh purchase of CC.

As far as I can tell, in order to use Adobe Muse to launch and host websites, I need to purchase an additional subscription. Is this how it is supposed to work? I was under the impression that it was all part of the CC subscription. The chat rep that helped me seemed to be under the same impression. I'm confused.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Adobe Muse wants separate subscription?
on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:57:10 pm

Hi Jason,
Sorry you are experiencing difficulties with Muse. My colleague tells me that the following doc should help the problem: http://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/unexpected-error-occurred-i-200.html

The main thing is to delete the OOBE folder. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:13:53 am

Kevin:

Thank you so much! I found some info about the OOBE folder earlier, but it didn't work. What I needed was that link to the alternate Muse download. That did the trick and I was given the option to log in once I launched Muse. I'm back to work!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:30:01 pm

Glad to hear it, Jason!

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved