FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Applications Manager = ugh doesnt open... again

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
Adobe Applications Manager = ugh doesnt open... again
on Jun 21, 2013 at 12:09:32 am

So, been a CC subscriber since day one. Now its time to update to the new apps, now AAM just doesn't open... It shows up as a app that is 'Not Responding'

I've had a similar problem wherein I had to contact Adobe and to their credit I was talking to someone promptly, they VNC'd into my machine and we spent 45 minutes or so getting the software to work properly.

But really, if this app is the lynchpin for the whole creative cloud service shouldn't it just work, always, 99.9999% of the time? Its batting around 25% for me.

Anyone else having problems with Application Manager?

Return to posts index

Phil Macino
Re: Adobe Applications Manager = ugh doesnt open... again
on Jun 21, 2013 at 6:02:46 am

I'm seeing an artifact of the updater trying to install and update CS6 versions of the apps that have been removed from my machine

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jun 22, 2013 at 8:41:05 pm

Ya, mine has been flaky at times.
Mac
OS10.6 and 10.7

Chris

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 25, 2013 at 3:46:12 pm

Hi Jason,
Sorry you're experiencing trouble. First, I would recommend contacting Adobe Technical Support:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

You can also bring your issue to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum. We have a number of Adobe employees working there to solve such issues: http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup?view=overview

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jamie Worsfold
on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:46:18 am

Yep. Getting problems a lot.
Had CC disappear this week from the edit suite at work and spent the whole day trying to fix it. Tech support couldn't help.

Now had the exact same thing happen this morning on my home edit suite. Can't open Photoshop or Illustrator. The CC desktop app doesn't work. Can't re-install it as the installer doesn't initialize.

These are working from two different Adobe IDs The one at work and my personal one at home.

I was getting similar problems over a year ago with AAM when running Creative Cloud with CS6. It's turning into one big not-very-funny joke.

Adobe: pull your fingers out and get these issues sorted. If you're going to charge people a subscription then you can't expect them to turn on their computer every day and be wondering if the software is going to work or not.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sax
on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:42:01 am

Hi Jamie,
I have exaclty the same problem you described some months ago and I would like to ask, if there was any solution meanwhile.

Thank you in advance and best,
Daniel

Return to posts index

Jamie Worsfold
on Jan 21, 2014 at 3:11:39 pm

Nope. The CC app is still flakey and will come and go randomly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]