FORUMS: list search recent posts

MAM suggestions?

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Burleson
MAM suggestions?
on May 31, 2019 at 3:02:46 pm

Not sure where to ask this question, since I don't see a forum for Media Asset Management.
Please move to the appropriate forum if this one isn't appropriate.

I am currently looking into AXLE.ai for a MAM solution for us... does anyone have any experience with it?
If so, please give me your thoughts on it.

I am also open to other solutions that aren't too expensive... as a point of reference, believe CatDV is probably out of our price range. So please if you can recommend another lower cost solution that works for you, let me know.

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Steve Grappone
Re: MAM suggestions?
on May 31, 2019 at 3:21:21 pm

Cantemo isn’t too bad. Should be a little less than CatDV. Depending on your use Axle isn’t a bad choice.

Return to posts index

Will Duncan
on Jun 18, 2019 at 10:39:52 pm

CatDV doesn't have to cost a fortune, and it's expandable over time. I am not 100% a CatDV fanboy, but I do appreciate that it can example and be added to over time and is essentially infinite with how complex of a workflow you can integrate. It just depends how many clients you need to connect and which server you need to run. It does add up quick though when you start buying all the parts to a CatDV infrastructure.

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:46:08 am

I am currently leaning toward Avmeda Marsis MAM
https://www.avmeda.com/marsis-mam-media-asset-management
For a couple of reasons. 1. We use an Avmeda play out server software at our TV station and this will integrate seamlessly with it
And 2. The price is right!

Looks like it will do everything we need .
They are currently working on Editing software interface panels for Edius, Premiere, and Resolve and at some point soon will support Black Magic Raw.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]