FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to buy a shared storage system

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
I want to buy a shared storage system
on Jun 26, 2018 at 11:10:01 pm

Hi -
I found this forum, and I am interested in buying a shared storage system. I really want to buy a LumaForge JellyFish, but I also might consider a Facilis Terrablock, or an EditShare, or ProMax, or a GB Labs Space or an AVID Nexis, or a Studio Network Solutions EVO, or perhaps even a DDP !

I need a LOT of storage as I use and everything needs to be able to handle 6K and 8K workflow, as we shoot with RED and Arri cameras at 6K and sometimes 8K. I have a MAXIMUM budget of $5000, but I would really like to spend $3000, but if by some miracle I can spend $1000 that would be great ! I tried my friends Drobo, but it would not play back my footage. Can someone recommend a solution for me that will fit my budget. We have 4 - 5 editors that all bring in their MacBook Pro's, and we are cutting this REALLY COOL independent film about a guy and his wife that started a user forum that became the most popular website for professional video people, but I don't have a really big budget. But the producers mom wants to finance this movie, and got him a RED Monstro, and he really wants to shoot it in 8K. We are all using Davinci Resolve and FCP X - can you PLEASE tell me what I should buy if I have less than $5000 for my post production budget to edit this movie for my 4 - 5 editors ?

Thanks -
Bob

ps - the owners of this user forum are LBGQT and are Muslim/Black/Jewish/German/PTSD (anyone who has ever owned an Apple computer has PTSD), and we just started a GoFundMe page, so if you guys could help I would REALLY appreciate it.

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]