FORUMS: list search recent posts

Portable NAS for Editing

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas J. Ralph
Portable NAS for Editing
on Jun 5, 2018 at 9:44:08 pm

Hi all. I would appreciate your help and advice.

I would like to get something that is small, ultra portable and can be connected to 2 video edit stations. Everything I have found so far has been pretty big and clunky.

Alternatively it would be great to have some sort of hub like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Synology-EDS14-Embedded-DataStation-Portable/dp/B0...

That you could plug a big USB 3.1/thunderbolt drive into - and share the access via ethernet... This one only does USB 3.0 and I have no idea if its even capable of Video Editing... BUT would be great if someone knew of something that was...

All ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
Re: Portable NAS for Editing
on Jun 6, 2018 at 1:09:51 am

I'm going full commercial on this, I apologize for being that guy...

This is exactly what the Platform Portable was designed to do. It turns local USB/Thunderbolt drives into share storage. It comes with a carrying case and has no moving parts inside. I've brought it on many flights as carry on.

Here is a recent user story.

“And when I first plugged my RAID unit into the Thunderbolt connection, I was in business” - Remi @ IBST Media

Good luck in your search!

Nathaniel, ProMAX

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 6, 2018 at 4:52:54 pm

Thanks so much for your reply Nathaniel. I will check this out now. :)

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 6, 2018 at 1:43:34 am

Hi Nicholas -
I am SO happy to assist you this evening with the answer to your question.
You need to RIGHT NOW give up your career and apply for an assistant manager position to one of the following companies -
NY Fold
Pilpel
Pret a Manager
Patty & Bun

you know what you can do with the Synology EDS14 -
NOTHING -

you want a Synology RS18017xs+ - THIS is a professional product.

You want to spend $501 US for a shared storage system to make a living for yourself and your assistant -
well GET OFF THIS FORUM, and go to REDDIT, you LOSER. You are not getting professional shared storage for
$501. I am not helping you, nothing is going to work, and you will continue to fail in your career. JUST STOP IT NOW. GET A JOB. I don't care if it's as an assistant editor, or a manager of a fast food chain - you are NOT going to start a company with $500 as the central server for your business. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ? Do you want me to fly to London to explain this to you in PERSON ? If the answer is YES to this - meet me (you pick the date) at
Dive Bar in Liverpool, or Death Row Diner at 32 Hope Street.

I am so sorry that Nate Cooper - from the VERY professional company at Promax in the US had to deal with this. Why don't you call GB Labs in London, so they can laugh at you.

Bob Zelin (and I am not kidding).

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 6, 2018 at 5:52:44 pm

I left a respectful and polite question on the forum.

I find it pretty odd that the once professional Creative Cow let someone with clear mental health issues lose on the boards. Do you get a lot of work acting like this? Judging from your early 90's style website, and profile pics I would guess not - as you look like some burnt out old lady with a meth problem.

You also sound like one.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 10, 2018 at 12:08:37 am

I LOVE that picture - it actually looks like my mother !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]