FORUMS: list search recent posts

QNAP TVS-1282T3 and HDMI Output

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
QNAP TVS-1282T3 and HDMI Output
on May 30, 2018 at 5:59:15 pm

We are taking a serious look at the QNAP TVS-1282T3 as part of an upgrade as our 4K post becomes more demanding. It seems like a very powerful and versatile storage device and it will fit nicely into our work flow. I've seen reviews that cover features and capabilities but one remaining curiosity is the flexibility of the HDMI outputs. I read somewhere...can't seem to find it again...that the 3 outputs can be used to mirror to 3 monitors or be used as an expanded desktop across 3 monitors. Our initial plan would be a single 4K monitor in a client viewing area and using HD Station or similar app, to be able to control and present viewings. But we would like to think ahead to further possible applications such as internal company meetings with multiple streams/displays or as a media server in various roles for corporate events.

Can anyone shed some light on the range of uses for the HDMI outs?

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: QNAP TVS-1282T3 and HDMI Output
on May 30, 2018 at 6:18:02 pm

the HDMI port is for the web gui output or if you want to use something like Plex server for playing out movies.
It is not another output of your Mac, and it is not a replacement for a Blackmagic or AJA product. The QNAP is a generic NAS product, and a lot of the applications are consumer applications. The HDMI port is one of those applications. The QNAP is a great shared storage system. IT's not a replacement for an AJA, Blackmagic or Mac graphics card.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 30, 2018 at 6:20:23 pm

I also suggest the TS-1685 - for the same money , you get more capability.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on May 30, 2018 at 6:31:03 pm

Thanks for the clarification Bob. I'll take a look at the TS-1685.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]