FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share folders become READ ONLY

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
binu v pillai
Share folders become READ ONLY
on May 14, 2018 at 7:51:38 am

Hi I'm Having MAC Server OS X 10.5.8 connected to GSpeed esPro 2*4 TB RAID 5 with miniSAS cable thru ATTO ExpressSASR680 RAID controller card. Last week we had an internet disconnection and shared storage(XSERVE) was not available thru network. As troubleshotting i've performed below steps,

1) Removed the miniSAS cable at server end and plugged in back to check the connection
2) Restarted the MAC server couple of times

This was resolved later and the issue was Ethernet port was disabled ( Don't know how it got disabled)
But now while restarting the MAC server I'm receiving the attached error ,

And all the shared folders are now readonly along with the lock option is showing as greyed out which will only allows to copy files from server only not able to paste/save any files in to the shared folders.

One of the hard disk got failed in the RAID and i replaced 2days before and rebuilding is completed.

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this please ?

Thanks in Advance,

Binu V Pillai

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Share folders become READ ONLY
on May 14, 2018 at 11:47:28 pm

your RAID array has become corrupt. I would normally tell you to run Disk Warrior, but you are running an Apple operating system that is over 10 years old - Mac OS 10.5.8. There are no repair utilities that I can recommend that work anymore. This is why you must constantly keep your system updated.

You state in your last line of this post -
One of the hard disk got failed in the RAID and i replaced 2days before and rebuilding is completed.

this is why I always do RAID 6 today. I have been in situations in the past, where I am doing a RAID 5 rebuild and a second drive fails. You now lose all your data, and there is nothing you can do.

If your operating system is 10.5.8, I assume that your drives are VERY old, and all about to fail. You had a second drive failure during the rebuild. There is nothing you can do. I suggest that you tell your boss, that it's time to buy a new system. No one can run computer equipment that is over 10 years old.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]