FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up a new office with shared storage, looking for professional assistance

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Hubbard
Setting up a new office with shared storage, looking for professional assistance
on Sep 22, 2016 at 10:22:50 pm

Our company will be moving locations soon, and would like to set up a shared storage solution for about five full time editors as well as twenty or so non-power users. Right now we are working from recent iMacs and tend to deal with 4k xdcam footage, but it varies pretty widely. In the near future we may be dealing with large amounts of fairly highly compressed footage streamed from our app for next day turnaround editing. It's probably apparent I am completely ignorant in this area, though we do have experienced programmers who know their way around setting up a server and network. Right now it's tough to say what our budget will be, we would love to hear some quotes for a full install as well as planning so we can just get an idea. Some of the QNAP solutions look promising, but again, right now I would just like to look into hiring a professional to assist us in planning this out. Hope this is the right place for these questions, thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Josh Phillippi
Re: Setting up a new office with shared storage, looking for professional assistance
on Sep 22, 2016 at 11:48:21 pm
Last Edited By Josh Phillippi on Sep 22, 2016 at 11:51:11 pm

Travis-

It sounds like you have quite a project on your hands, I would love to help in any way I can. My name is Josh Phillippi, I am CEO of Piston Media Group. We are a systems integrator and re-seller for video editing software, hardware, storage, media asset management, etc. We have a staff of highly experienced engineers and consultants that can help you right equipment to match your needs specifically. We are big on providing options for our clients so that we can help you make an educated decisions when you move forward with your move. Our consulting and design is free of charge and we are very competitive on our products and installation fees. As it states on our website, at the very heart of Piston Media Group is our focus on Small to Mid Size Clients. We pride ourselves on providing enterprise class treatment and follow up, without the high end price. Piston Media Group Gives the Customer the Right Experience – Rather Than the Gloss of One. There’s a big difference between telling a customer they’re getting a great value and that they’re important to your company, and actually demonstrating it. At a certain point, there has to be actual action and end to end follow thru. It’s the substance – the quality of the service, the quality of the product, etc. – that ultimately makes the customer experience a good one and builds trust and loyalty. Piston Media Group continues to make an impact on the current issues that our clients face, anticipate ones they may face in the future, and help empower them with the confidence that leads to effective decisions for their organizations. Piston Media Group would like to provide you with your own unique experience with our workflow consulting and design solutions, we are here to provide exceptional service and support. This all may sound like great lip service, however, I assure you that our clients needs come first, allowing us to make sure we place the right solutions with your workflow needs and the ongoing support that makes you rest easy with your final decision.

Please feel free to contact me directly and we can set up a call to discuss your workflow and some suggestions we may have.

Josh Phillippi
CEO/Founder
Piston Media Group
jp@pistonmediagroup.com
http://www.pistonmediagroup.com
Cell: (818) 318-8211
Office: (888) 829-7320

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Setting up a new office with shared storage, looking for professional assistance
on Sep 23, 2016 at 1:00:43 pm

Hi -
I may have done this once or twice before. You should google search me.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]