FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on storage

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Harrison
Advice on storage
on Dec 4, 2015 at 4:40:55 pm

Hey Everyone!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and offer advice.

So I have been tasked with building out a small in office studio to do interviews, talking heads, talk radio and current event type videos. We also do event videos and some training. I'm setting up a typical studio, 2 cameras, lighting, sound, video switcher etc, but I'm really kinda lost when it comes to storage and asset management. I'm looking to be able to store raw HD footage, completed footage, graphic footage, etc. Not sure how much cloud services have progressed when it comes to video storage. If I could roll and asset management system into this that would also be great - for, artwork files, photography etc..

And advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Andrew McKay
Re: Advice on storage
on Dec 4, 2015 at 6:15:44 pm
Last Edited By Andrew McKay on Dec 4, 2015 at 6:17:47 pm

Hey John,

It sounds like you're on the right track looking at shared storage for your studio. I work for a company called Studio Network Solutions, and we build a system called EVO that can handle all of your data storage and provide your team with some powerful asset management and workflow tools.

Every EVO includes:

SAN + NAS
Native Avid Bin Sharing
Project Locking for Adobe CC and FCP
Search, Index, Tag, Proxy Preview, and Verify Data
Supports Resolve, Autodesk, Filmlight, Cinema4D, Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, and more
Cloud integration with Dropbox, Hightail, OneDrive, and other services
LDAP/AD support
Mix SATA, SAS, and SSD in same chassis
Mix 1/10GbE and fibre channel in same chassis
Repurpose existing or legacy storage with integrated bridging
Supports DNxHD, 4K, ProRes, and beyond
No external switch needed, directly connect up to 28 workstations.
Embedded easy-to-use Asset Management

I'm curious what types of codecs you'll be working with, how many editors you'll have, what NLE you're using, and what kind of video switcher you'll be using?

Give us a call at 314-733-0551, we'd love to discuss your new studio environment a little bit more– or feel free to email me at amckay@studionetworksolutions and we can give you a demo, references and an estimate.

P.s

We also have some end of year holiday specials going on right now, which could save you a few thousand dollars on this project. That's always good, right? ;)

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Advice on storage
on Dec 4, 2015 at 10:27:59 pm

you have not stated - do you need SHARED storage so that multiple people can access the same media, or is this just for one workstation. Forget the Cloud - it won't do what you want.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]