FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Can Synology Support 3-4 Concurrent Video Editors?

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Zachary Maxwell
Re: Can Synology Support 3-4 Concurrent Video Editors?
on Aug 23, 2019 at 10:32:39 pm

Wow, thank you. This is the info we've been looking for! I actually saw your post asking why Synology wasn't breaking into the video industry, and that's why I tagged you.

That's a good observation about them just not being interested in the video industry. It is crazy.

We've been in contact with SNS and Luma Forage trying to grasp what we should do. We're lost at sea. I just can't grasp ONE thing; why is SNS EVO 8-Bay and Luma Forge Jellyfish 7-8 TIMES the cost of a Synology setup?? I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

I brought up the project a little while ago, and so I'm tasked with doing all the research. The last thing I want to do is spend more than necessary or cheap out and cause endless headaches down the road. Our in-house IT was involved because they're IT and we don't know what we're doing, so I'm having a ball trying to figure out the best solution *sarcasm*. Also, if you don't mind humoring me... why is everyone telling us to not involve out in-house IT? Is set up for a NAS different for video than it would be for any other application?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help,

Thank you,
Zach

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]