FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synology DS1819+ Bottlenecks

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Burgess
Synology DS1819+ Bottlenecks
on Aug 17, 2019 at 2:21:08 am

So, I recently purchased an 8 bay Synology NAS and installed 8 x 6tb Ironwolf drives into it as well as a 10Gbe PCIE card.

I've tested speeds with different RAID configurations (0, 6, 10, SHR2) and every single one tops out at 230mbps for write speeds and 400mbps for read speeds, and I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the bottlenecks are.

Can anybody shed any light on how I can figure out what the bottlenecks are in order to pull out as much performance from this setup as is possible?

Happy to list all of the specs I'm working with but just wanted to test the waters to see if there's something massive I'm missing about RAID configurations, Synology, NAS devices, etc.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Synology DS1819+ Bottlenecks
on Aug 18, 2019 at 2:17:57 pm

you have not stated what your computer is, what 10G adaptor you are using on your computer, or in the Synology. You have not stated what your switch is.
You have not stated how you formatted your Synology.

The secret to setting up a QNAP, Synology, Netgear ReadyNas or even the new ProMax MediaHub is knowing how do it. These are not plug and play systems. And this of course applies to your computers with 10G adaptors, your 10G switches, etc.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]