FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have experience getting G-Speed ES/Highpoint RAID controllers working with ProMAX Platform

COW Forums : ProMAX Platform

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Matt Pfingsten
Anyone have experience getting G-Speed ES/Highpoint RAID controllers working with ProMAX Platform
on Jan 4, 2017 at 5:14:08 pm

So we're about a month into using our ProMAX Platform Studio. It's nice, and one of the killer features is the ability to hook up our existing DAS storage and share it. As we have nearly 60TB of existing storage and a need to retain all of our past projects forever this is a good solution for nearline storage.

We have an older 16TB GSpeed fiberchannel which works fine with the LSI controller card running in a Sonnet thunderbolt expansion chassis, but we also have several SATA GSpeed ES units that use Highpoint Rocket RAID controllers and for the life of me I can't get the damn thing to work. Windows always sees the card but says "This device cannot find enough resources that it can use (Code 12)." in device mangler.

Initially we (ProMAX and myself) figured the problem was an older, non thunderbolt aware card (RR2314) that was 8 lanes (potentially a problem over tbolt 2's 4 lanes), so we purchased the successor card, the RR644L, a four lane card that is supposed to be thunderbolt aware. Same problem.

We've tried just about everything I can think of at this point. We've swapped thunderbolt enclosures to see if that might be the problem, tried different cables, etc. Eventually ProMAX had me remove the thunderbolt card from the Platform Studio and install the raid card to see if worked. It did. Highpoint has suggested updating the BIOS but WebGUI can't see the card.

Given the popularity of G-Tech products I'm sure there are others who have been able to connect and share their g-tech drives and raids on ProMAX.

If so, what controller cards are you using? What g-tech products? What thunderbolt expansion chassis? Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]