FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for information on backing up and restoring workspaces on platform studio

COW Forums : ProMAX Platform

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ross byron boughton
looking for information on backing up and restoring workspaces on platform studio
on Aug 10, 2016 at 3:40:47 pm

thank you for taking the time
i have the platform studio one and i wish to move some workspaces off of the sever to
a drive that is connected to the server via FW 800
it looks like i can do that though the interface
i wish to test it out and how would i bring it back when needed though the interface
or do i drag and drop from within the server its self

Ross Byron Boughton
Editor / Webmaster / Sound Designer
http://www.inch.com/~bellevue/

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
Re: looking for information on backing up and restoring workspaces on platform studio
on Aug 10, 2016 at 4:34:38 pm

Hey Ross,

You can do the data move either at the OS/Finder level or within the Platform software. Assuming you have V4 or above (you will know that you do if you login through a web browser). Then here are your two options.

In the Platform software
1. Connect your FW drive directly to Platform, within 10-30 seconds it should show up as a Storage Group
2. Go to the Platform Space you want to move
3. Right Click and select "Move To > select any space"
4. There will be a check box that says 'Move Platform Space' select that and you should be able to point the the FW drive as the storage group.
5. Execute the task
6. After the data is move, make sure the Platform space is set to Index. This will allow you to search and find those files after you disconnect the FW drive.

At the OS Level
1. Connect your FW drive directly to Platform
2. Either Create a new space - or - add an existing space (an existing space is any folder on the drive that is already created)
3. Mount that space
4. Go to the Platform Space you want to move data from, mount that as well
5. Copy the files you want in the finder
6. Once the copy is complete, make sure the Platform space is set to Index. This will allow you to search and find those files after you disconnect the FW drive.

If you want to check out some of the new features, we've added a ton to the software. You can see a quick overview here:

Hit me up if you want to dive into details of V5.

Nathaniel Cooper
ProMAX Systems
nathaniel@promax.com

Return to posts index

ross byron boughton
Re: looking for information on backing up and restoring workspaces on platform studio
on Aug 10, 2016 at 6:03:05 pm

thank you Nate am trying it now i think i am on v4.5
so some of the terms see different
i moved a space to another drive worked perfect
were do i sent the space to index?
so that my avid my see it?
after that i would like to test moving it back to the promax round trip

the end game is to back up some work space to get room for the next big project
then should i need to revisit old edits i could bring the old work spaces back on to the server from the FW drive
does that sound like a plan am i mising anything
tia
love the product
Ross B IIL.com

Ross Byron Boughton

Return to posts index

ross byron boughton
on Aug 10, 2016 at 6:46:48 pm

the move looks good i was able to index and mount the space from the FW drive and it works
can i use the same move tool to bring it back to the promax for future edits

Ross Byron Boughton

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
on Aug 11, 2016 at 3:08:35 am

Hey Ross,

Glad to hear you got it working and love the product!

As far as bringing the files back, yes, you can use the same date move function to complete a restore/round trip.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Best,

Nathaniel

Return to posts index

ross byron boughton
on Aug 11, 2016 at 2:55:46 pm

6. After the data is move, make sure the Platform space is set to Index. This will allow you to search and find those files after you disconnect the FW drive.
can't seem to find that in the platform or the OS level?
other then that we smove

Ross Byron Boughton

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Cooper
on Aug 12, 2016 at 10:28:50 pm

If you login to the Platform software as Admin and go to the Platform space that you want to index, right click over that space and go to Properties. There will be a check box that says "Index Platform Space".

Let me know if you don't find that.
Best,
N

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]