FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProMax Platform

COW Forums : ProMAX Platform

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
ProMax Platform
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:18:26 pm

the ProMax Platform looks like a very exciting product. What SAN software does it use ? Fibre Jet, MetaSAN, or a ProMax custom software for the system ? Is it easy to use ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nate Cooper
Re: ProMax Platform
on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:47:29 pm

Hey Bob!

The Platform is built with a custom packet level protocol with ProMAX software installed on each client. There is no client licensing. As far as ease of use, if you’re using it as shared storage, it’s pretty simple; comparable in set up to say an ISIS. If you’re using the TRANSCODE Module it gets more complete to set up; and if you get into the DAM Module there is an infinite amount of configuring and set up depending on how you want to use it.

If you ever want to check it feel free to hit me up.

Nate Cooper
nate.cooper@promax.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 6, 2012 at 7:09:07 pm

Hi Nate -
I am using an ISIS right now, as we speak. Are you saying that Platform can be used with Media Composer without the usual problems of a generic SAN ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Nate Cooper
on Dec 6, 2012 at 11:16:07 pm

I assume your question is does the Platform support AVID bin locking and directory structure management with multiple Media Composer clients? That answer is that our support for Media Composer, in this release, is limited to sperating the volumes.

Nate

Return to posts index

Dustyn Gobler
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:27:48 am

Any updates on Platform and Media Composer support?

Return to posts index

Nate Cooper
on Aug 5, 2015 at 11:09:45 pm

Just chiming in on an old thread here...

As of ProMAX Platform Version 4.6 we now have full support for Native Avid Project Sharing (or bin locking).

This allows ProMAX Platform to work exactly like an Avid ISIS.

There are a ton of other significant upgrades, but I did want to chime in on that specifically, hit me up if you have any questions.

Nate Cooper
ProMAX
(949) 861-2725
nate.cooper@promax.com

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]