Apple on the MOOOOVE, Being an Ad Agency Editor, and more

COW Forums : Test Posting Code Here

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilson
Apple on the MOOOOVE, Being an Ad Agency Editor, and more
on Oct 28, 2016 at 11:43:57 am
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Oct 28, 2016 at 12:06:12 pm

Apple on the MOOOOOOVE!

The world's largest community of media professionals has already begun its rumination on Apple's latest moooooves, including new MacBook Pros, and the eagerly anticipated FCPX 10.3! Not only are early reactions to 10.3 very positive, a number of our members are already putting it to use on paying projects, and liking what they see.

We want to especially draw your attention to a blog entry from Charlie Austin's Final Cut Pro X Babbling, Final Cut Pro X 10.3 – First Look.

As Charlie has led us to expect from his work at FCPXpert.net and his thousands of posts in the CreativeCOW.net forums, this is one of the most thorough and engaging explorations of the subject that you'll see anywhere on the web. Don't miss it!

There's lots to talk about of course, so conversations are happening on a couple of other threads you'll want to check out:
  • 10.3 explores the new FCPX (and friends!) in detail, and
  • Reactions to today's Apple Event offers a broader overview of all of Apple's announcements. Note that this one begins with live reactions posted while the event was underway, so read further on in the thread for some thoughts as the dust continues to settle.

Being an Advertising Editor: The Ins and Outs of Agency Work

In a postproduction-filled world teeming with editors working on TV, film, sports, live shows and even the news, there are many in-house editors working on a huge range of less visible work. From commercial spots to web pre-rolls or even internal pitch reels, there is a rapidly expanding role of “staff editor” in markets all across America. "I’m one of those editors working at an advertising agency," says Katie Toomey, "and before landing the job, I didn’t even realize this was an option for me!"

While obviously not as glamorous as feature film or network TV, agency work offers some great opportunities. "I’m exposed to a lot of different techniques and tools," says Katie, "and I’ve had to learn how to interpret technology and people at the same time. Plus, as a staff editor, I have a place to go every single day."

There are many more advantages to this kind of work, especially for people who want to continue honing their skills in many different directions. Is agency work for you? Read more!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]