FORUMS: list search recent posts

Curly quotes

COW Forums : Test Posting Code Here

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilson
Curly quotes
on May 5, 2015 at 6:21:35 pm

Avid Senior Segment Marketing Manager Charlie Russell told me that this openness is a big part of the company’s 'Avid Everywhere' strategy. “There are a lot of problems that have to do with compatibility between different vendors’ stuff. There’s a lot of frustration where people felt like they were being told no, you have to use our stuff or it won’t work. And that’s just not good for customers.”

Russell also said that Avid’s CEO Louis Hernandez Jr. told the pre-NAB Avid Connect crowd that Avid isn't going to tell you what equipment you have to use; you use the equipment you want, and Avid is going to try to make it all work together. “And even if [equipment doesn’t] talk to each other, it’s not going to break.”

“To have Adobe trust us is very encouraging,” he told me. "Ever since we saw Adobe Anywhere, I have wanted to bring Aframe and Anywhere together. The dream has always been collaboration and editing in the cloud, with no download. To finally see that dream a reality and the reaction we’ve had already, makes this one of the most exciting times in the history of the company – and we hope for the industry."

Adobe’s Senior Director for Product Management (Professional Video and Audio) Bill Roberts talked to me about the company's view of this collaborative attitude. “We have a strong development team. We believe in being open with the products, and we believe in open standards.”

does with it may not translate to another company. “Managed implementation means we actually work on the scheme with other companies, and because the core scheme of XML is actually an ISO standard, you can rest assured it’s going to be there a long time. We really do try to drive this open philosophy. ”

Siân Fever

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]