FORUMS: list search recent posts

Battery for BlackMagic Cinema Camera

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Martz
Battery for BlackMagic Cinema Camera
on Dec 15, 2013 at 12:26:18 am

If you have not found a battery system yet, check out this one from BrikPower: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221337096470?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p398...

Or you can contact me directly for pricing and availability.

I'm a Cinematographer. When I began to investigate what battery system I wanted to use with my own BMCC camera I discovered that I wanted a better battery system than I could purchase on the open market. Some were mounted under the BMCC. Others were mounted behind the viewfinder. Our battery is intended to be mounted behind and below the camera for an unobstructed view of the BMCC viewfinder. BRIKPOWER is tough. We skimped on nothing. This battery system is ready to be mounted on 15mm rails and comes with TWO integrated Aluminum rail blocks for that purpose. Having dual rail blocks distributes the battery weight with 4 locking points so that the battery is secure. Each battery has it's own set of rail blocks so changing the battery is a fast, painless process.

I developed the battery and it is incredible. One battery will last WHILE RECORDING with viewfinder at 100% brightness will last for 4 hours. And they are mounted in a cast aluminum case - NO PLASTIC.

BRIKPOWER IS BUILT TO LAST. Our Battery cells are mounted in CAST ALUMINUM HOUSINGS. Our cast aluminum case and the integrated rail blocks consist of over one full pound of aluminum alone. NO OTHER MANUFACTURER IS DOING THIS!!! But the BRIKPOWER total battery weight is over a pound less than a Hytron 140. Our standard 4 pin XLR connectors are riveted in place (so they will never let go) not simply board-mounted with solder or secured with screws that can loosen over time.

You will need to purchase one of our specially modified chargers. You can locate this at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221337096673 This standard off-the-shelf charger has been modified to accept our BRIKPOWER Batteries. The standard charger will charge the battery in about 4 hours. If you need to recharge the battery more quickly you can purchase our modified FAST charger which will charge the battery in about 60 minutes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221335328275?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p398...

And we have provided a POWER SWITCH and a bright red LED indicator light for your convenience so that you don't have to unplug the camera from the battery to kill the power. You may want to power other 12-14.4 VDC devices with the battery. We can provide custom cables for that purpose. Many people like to run other DC devices and that can be done using BrikPower batteries (like a battery light). We can assist you with a proper cable configuration for that purpose. I even use the BMCC1A battery to power my Camera Crane Motor head.

Our BRIKPOWER Battery comes with one, 3 foot long BMCC power cable AND a 12 foot extension cable to place the battery power somewhere other than at the camera head (using a teleprompter or placing the BMCC on a jib arm).

BRIKPOWER - Battery Power for Blackmagic Cinema Camera.

CAST ALUMINUM HOUSING 3" x 4" x 5.5" to fit perfectly with a rail mount

15mm RAIL BLOCKS FOR MOUNTING ON CINEMA RAILS ARE INCLUDED

LED INDICATOR LIGHT AND DISCONNECT SWITCH

LASTS UP TO 4 HOURS WITH BMCC

3' BMCC CABLE AND A 12' EXTENSION CABLE ARE INCLUDED

DESIGNED specifically TO WORK WITH BMCC

FCP 7
FCP X
Blackmagic Cinema Camera
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE CC
MAC 8 core
After Effects