FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMCC noise reduction and sharpening

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Quintana
BMCC noise reduction and sharpening
on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:24:14 pm

I am starting to edit my first commercial BMCC commercial, just wondering
what is the best way in AE to reduce noise, grains and also to sharpen.

There must be better plugins then the standard sharpening effect....

Anny tips , highly appreciated

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: BMCC noise reduction and sharpening
on Nov 13, 2013 at 2:56:58 pm

Checkout Neat Video.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Nov 13, 2013 at 6:09:00 pm

We use Red Giant De-Noiser and Neat Video. Resolve 10's de-noiser is much better than 9's, although you can get somewhat similar results in 9 by doing split nodes (10 just makes it easier and faster for the most part). Adobe RAW reader has a decent de-noiser for basic stuff if you're shooting RAW as another option.

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Facebook | Twitter | BMCC Newsletter

Return to posts index

Ali Quintana
on Nov 13, 2013 at 8:54:11 pm

Great thx, yes we shot RAW 2.5k

I saw the video and site of neat video.. very impressive. Will get version 10 but first i will compare Red Giant and Adobe raw reader.

Question I cant seem to find online: At what moment in editing post is best to do the DE-noising and sharpening? I havent got Davince working as yet so will use Bridge when importing into AE then use Synthetic aperture for color correction,

Should I use the denoise plugin at the end , before rendering out final or right after color correction and before giving the whole a color look.. or even before going into Synthetic apreture for color correction.

Any tips will be great!

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Dec 11, 2013 at 4:07:35 am

Every shot is different, but generally, if the shot truly needs it, I perform de-noise at the very end of the process, especially after the grade. As you push levels to balance exposure (especially on severely under exposed shots with limited bit depth) you increase the noise floor. So there's no sense in de-noising, then grading, and then only having to de-noise over again. Save the de-noise at the end of the chain and you'll typically get the best results. But again, every shot is different!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Facebook | Twitter | BMCC Newsletter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]