FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can someone confirm the EF BMCC does not have auto focus?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
Can someone confirm the EF BMCC does not have auto focus?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 2:00:06 am

I called Blackmagic today and asked 2 different people if the BMCC EF version had auto focus. The first person I spoke with said it should on some lenses.

The second person I spoke with said there is not a single lens where the auto focus will work on the BMCC EF - it's just not designed to do it.

Now I'm not sure which the answer is lol.

Can anyone confirm one or the other for me?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Can someone confirm the EF BMCC does not have auto focus?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 1:12:22 pm

Answer is: not yet.

On August 2nd, 2013, Blackmagic CEO emailed this message to the Blackmagic list, which said:

"There are some new features in the software for the Pocket Cinema Camera. You can now focus by pushing the focus button when using an active MFT lens. This makes it very easy to accurately focus. The focus peaking feature is still there and you enable it by double pressing the focus button. The focus zoom feature is enabled by double pressing the OK button.

There will be an update for the 2.5K Blackmagic Cinema Camera soon that will also add these features..."

This firmware update (1.5) is yet to appear. When it does, it will be available on the Blackmagic Support Center page.

I have the Pocket Cinema Camera with one touch MFT autofocus, and it is a very useful feature. I wouldn't buy a Blackmagic camera without it.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:58:09 am

It was helpful. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Philip Goetz
on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:38:37 pm

So no auto-focus yet on the BMCC 2.5K, correct?

Philip Goetz
@omegabroadcast on twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]