FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM Pocket HDMI output

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Zan
BM Pocket HDMI output
on Oct 9, 2013 at 5:04:49 am

Hi Everyone:
I tried to connect my pocket camera via an HDMI cable to my Marshall field monitor or even to my computer monitor (accepts HDMI) with no luck. The monitors received the connection but the picture is blank. Had anyone had the same experience? The computer monitor showed an alert that the HDMI signal is "out of range". Both monitors always worked just fine with the my 5DMKII HDMI output.
I would appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: BM Pocket HDMI output
on Oct 10, 2013 at 6:15:12 pm

What do you have the record settings and Output settings set to?

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Ray Zan
on Oct 11, 2013 at 4:53:03 am

Hi Eric:
Thanks for helping. The recording setting was: Prores, Film, 24fps and time lapse interval off. I am not sure what do you mean by output settings but the display settings were dynamic range film, brightness 55%, Zebra 95% and HDMI overlays All. I tried to change all of these with no effect. The monitors are receiving a signal because the Marshall logo goes off upon connection but I get only a blue screen. This is not the case with the 5D. Maybe because the output is 1080P? More than the resolution of the monitor?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:36:05 pm

Yes those were the output settings I wanted. Turn the HDMI overlays to off. If that doesn't work change the record framerate to 29.97. If that still doesn't work change the record settings to 30 frame.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Ray Zan
on Oct 13, 2013 at 3:53:39 pm

Thanks Eric. I tried all of that. The screen responds by going purple or back to blue or logo or without logo. But the picture never comes through. Very strange. I wonder what is the experience of others with monitors linked to the BMPCC.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:43:14 pm

Did you check for a Firmware upgrade on the camera by installing the Blackmagic Camera tools with the camera plugged in USB?

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Stephen Brooks
on Oct 12, 2014 at 5:49:55 am

The BMPCC is very sensitive to both the HDMI cable used and the monitor. I had to use an expensive Sony brand cable and a Marshal VLCD51 monitor. Not all monitor/cable combinations work. I asked the Blackmagic people at the last showcase in LA and they admitted not all monitors/cables work. Now I don't know why this is the case but it is the case. I suggest you go to a vendor and try various cable/monitor combinations to find one that works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]