FORUMS: list search recent posts

CinemaDNG Playback in Premiere CC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EricBowen
CinemaDNG Playback in Premiere CC
on Oct 5, 2013 at 7:30:38 pm

Premiere CC still does not support Cinema DNG however AE does. To bring your media into Premiere without encoding simply import the media into AE and drop into a Comp. Save the Project and then Open Premiere. Import the AE comp into Premiere and you now have DNG support in Premiere by using AE's player for decoding. Hope that helps any not aware of this.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: CinemaDNG Playback in Premiere CC
on Oct 5, 2013 at 8:57:34 pm

Thanks Eric. No doubt this is useful to recent converts to CinemaDNG and BMD cameras that shoot raw. For the sake of fairness, it's been discussed on Cow and Todd Kopriva wrote about it on Adobe blogs over a year ago:

"In the meantime, of course, you can use After Effects to transcode your CinemaDNG footage to something that you can edit with in Premiere Pro."

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Oct 7, 2013 at 2:14:03 pm

I wanted to bring a fresh thread about it with the new cameras releasing since it seems many are still not aware of this.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Oct 7, 2013 at 10:02:31 pm

Thanks for the info Eric. Definitely a good idea to keep the knowledge base flowing to new users.

I still contend though that for the average+ user, a full raw workflow is too cumbersome to handle and I highly encourage the use of an offline/online workflow using software such as DaVinci Resolve to convert to an intermediate codec such as ProRes for edit or even using some of the excellent offerings from Cineform if you insist on keeping the raw workflow.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15:36 pm

In the testing I have done, Cineform converts and compares to CinemaDNG with negligible differential when tested in AE. That by far has been the best intermediate so far based on the original data.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]