FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic Ultra Scope

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Quintana
Black Magic Ultra Scope
on Sep 24, 2013 at 3:54:34 am

I am searching for the ultra scope software, am I missing something.
Its not on either of the two CD's included in the BMCC.

One CD has the DaVinci
the other CD the manual and BMCC instaler 1.3.2 (msi)

Any help as where I can find this fantastic ultra scope?

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Black Magic Ultra Scope
on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:09:54 pm

You're right, it is interesting that there doesn't seem to be any documentation on this. Personally I have not used UltraScope though I did just go the BMD support side to download it and it let me register using my camera's serial number. Unfortunately though I don't actually have my camera with me now so I can't test to see if the program will open as UltraScope requires a capture device to launch. If you are able to test this, I would say give it a go. Download the current version from the support site and use your camera's serial number to register and activate software. Might work, might not, but can't hurt. Would be keen to know myself. Of course someone else can offer some info if they know definitively.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Ali Quintana
on Sep 26, 2013 at 2:08:08 am

I did register but at the moment I do not have a MAC labtop as yet. So I can not test it.

Plan is to use the ultra scopes for filming, with a labtop. It said Mac and Windows so I thought it should work on my dell windows labtop, need a cable that changes thuderbolt to usb or e-stata so I can hook up the cam to my windows labtop. Any Ideas which will work best?

I think then I basically misunderstood that ultrascopes would be on one of the CDs included as the DavinciResolve is. I thought its a software program so I was searching the CDs that came with the camera.

Hope all this will eventually work on my windows labtop, will be awesome to film with the scopes.

Return to posts index

Jim Krause
on Sep 26, 2013 at 12:49:20 am

Go to http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support and navigate to your platform/hardware.

Jim Krause
tabletop productions http://www.ttop.com
(812) 332-1005

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Oct 23, 2013 at 1:54:56 am

Any idea if the Ultra scope will work on a $350 dollar (new) PC laptop? There are a lot of PC laptops around these day for that price.

Also do new PCs come with thunderbolt, or is thunderbolt a Mac thing?

Return to posts index

Ali Quintana
on Oct 23, 2013 at 7:33:31 pm

Latest labtops can come with Thunderbold connections but it is a MAC thing yes.

I doubt if it will work on cheaper labtops. It doesnt work on a DELL studio xps, I tried it, It also doesnt work on a powerfull desktop I tried it on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]