FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM DCC MFT mount and S16mm lens sensor cover...... Please answer ASAP

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pekin azer
BM DCC MFT mount and S16mm lens sensor cover...... Please answer ASAP
on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:20:19 pm

When will the MFT mount version be out? i am loosing ground..... i need it.. Ok i know it won't happen soon. But when?

Also, the sensor is greater than the S16 coverage, but, can i use a T2.4 ARRi 12-120 vario S16 lens?

Thanks in advance,
Pekin
http://www.pekinazer.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: BM DCC MFT mount and S16mm lens sensor cover...... Please answer ASAP
on Mar 23, 2013 at 3:01:00 am

It's hard to say when the MFT version will be out. Unfortunately the kinks in the EF version really held everything up and now I'm sure that the backfocus repairs aren't speeding anything up either. On the flip side though, though the MFT will have all of the advantages that come with the mistakes of the EF version. Just by shear volume of delays though, I wouldn't expect any sort of volume shipping of the MFT for at least two months. I could be completely wrong and anyone can jump in here and correct me, but that would be my best estimate.

As per lens coverage, any use of super16 lenses on the BMCC is really your own gamble. They are not designed to cover the sensor though some of them do. It really is a trial and error thing and maybe somewhere someone will generate a database of some sort but at this time I don't think one exists. I would recommend to not spend any money on super16 lenses without testing them first to make sure that they do what you need. That being said, the general consensus seems to be that zooms may work when zoomed in though are not guaranteed at the wide end.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Production Premium CS6, Avid Symphony 6, Final Cut Pro Studio 3
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

pekin azer
on Mar 23, 2013 at 9:52:25 am

Thanks for the reply..... My local reseller said that the MFT version might be available near the end of 2013....?.... That's a very long time.....

For the S16 lens.. You are right.... i need to wait.... But, i can't...
OK... i will.... No i can't.... But, i have to....

i'll wait.... But not until the end of 2013..... i might go for a Sony fs700.... i know they are not the same thing but, my shuttle2 will at least let me record 1:1 HD QT.....

Again thanks....

Pekin

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Mar 23, 2013 at 3:06:37 pm

Honestly I don't think you should buy anything now. Are you on the waitlist for a MFT BMCC? If not, then yes, you would be waiting for them to be readily in stock at retailers which will be a long wait. If you need something sooner then the BMCC may not be the camera for you.

Honestly though, an FS700 is a good camera, but why not wait until after NAB? We are mere weeks away from NAB now and all of the manufacturers will have new cameras out and you can take your pick with cameras that have new technology. Honestly, most of the FS700 is the FS100, i.e. two years old. And also, keep in mind that when the BMCC came out it was completely unexpected and manufactures had nothing to compete, and on the whole, still don't. That may change after NAB. Wait and see what competition for the BMCC comes out because I bet there will be some attractive offerings.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Production Premium CS6, Avid Symphony 6, Final Cut Pro Studio 3
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Mar 23, 2013 at 5:41:06 pm

I agree with Matthew 100,000%. At least wait and see what NAB has to show in a couple of weeks.

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Facebook | Twitter | BMCC Newsletter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]