FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro vs Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Michael Daniels
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro vs Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
on Jul 12, 2018 at 5:10:25 am

Hi all!

I'm deciding between the above two cameras and it comes to my attention that the URSA mini is four times more expensive compared to the Pocket Cinema Camera.

Is the Ursa worth buying?

Usage wise, I do a few events, classical music concert shoots, interviews. Here are a few considerations:
- The pocket cam might not be the best fit since the base only have one screw for the mount, so it might not fit a video tripod very well because of the pivoting round the screw. (I did use a panasonic ag-ux180 on a Sachtler that has a base plate of just one screw. It worked and I could pan quite roughly when needed but mounting the camera was such a pain)
- The pocket cam can also output hdmi that can also be down converted into SDI to send it to the mix board.
- Both only have one audio preamp each (which is curious, since most professional video cams have 2 preamps)
- Image quality is quite important

Thank you so much for you help!

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
Re: Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro vs Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
on Jul 16, 2018 at 11:58:07 pm

I would prefer the Ursa Mini for this kind of work - mostly because of higher dynamic range, better battery options, more recording formats and XLR inputs (it has two preamps BTW).

Shawn

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]