FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Pocket Cinema Camera Owner! :)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Metallo
New Pocket Cinema Camera Owner! :)
on Sep 12, 2016 at 3:02:22 pm

Yay! I am excited! I have had a Canon XHA1 for the longest time and it is starting to drop frames when recording, so I will use that as my backup/b-roll/second camera. I just got one of these yesterday and I had a couple of questions about it.

The camera I got came with a cheapy but a starter lens and I was wondering. I shoot Nikon (F mount, not G) and and a ton of nice glass (50mm 1.2, 80-200 2.8) and the like. I was wondering if there an affordable way to use those lens with this camera? When I have more money, I would like a better solution :) But right now, what is the best way to use my glass with this?

Also, what is the best beginner 4/3rds lens (with the automatic features) that I should get for this?

Thanks a lot!!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: New Pocket Cinema Camera Owner! :)
on Sep 14, 2016 at 8:42:14 am
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Sep 14, 2016 at 8:46:15 am

Not really an expert at this, but I do have both the 2.5K Cinema Camera (EF) and the Pocket Cinema camera (MFT). Since I'm using 2.5K camera as the main camera with a range of Canon lenses and the Pocket for secondary camera, I simply got an Olympus MFT 14-42 mm zoom for the Pocket, which gives you a decent basic range given the crop factor (It has autofocus and iris controls).

I'm planning on getting a Metabones Speed booster adapter so that I can use my existing Canon EF lenses for the Pocket as well. However, I don't see a Nikon F mount to micro four thirds adapter anywhere. At least Metabones recommends not combining other adapters with theirs. It may be possible, but based on that I can't recommend it either. Maybe someone has successfully done so...?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Sep 15, 2016 at 6:02:04 pm

Hi Jon,

Congrats. I have a pocket for two years now and it is so much fun :-) There are nikon to m43 adapters, also from metabones, so you can use all your nikon glass. (I don't have nikon, so no experience.) Be advised that nikon's focus is turning the other way around; and that there is a crop factor of 3x, so your 50mm will be a tele; not to talk of the 80-200. The metabones compensates that for a bit.

I have a panasonic 18 mm (very nice) and a panasonic 14-140 (bit long) both with a separate focus ring. This summer I bought a KIEV 16U set of lenses (12, 20, 50mm), check eBay with an adaptor from raf camera. All manual and also fun. Gives a small footprint, everybody thinks you are taking foto's

So, there are adapters for nikon, check the crop factor.

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Sep 16, 2016 at 8:50:20 am

Edit: I mean 14 mm lumix; and the 14-140. The good thing is that they both have a manual focus ring. To focus the 14-140, I use the zacuto viewfinder

(looking for the edit button...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]