FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Pre-amp fail?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john mahoney
Audio Pre-amp fail?
on Jan 22, 2016 at 4:28:42 am

Hello,

I have had the BMC Production 4 K camera for about 6 months.
While it is odd and weird to use, I like the picture and the dreaded audio issues have not popped up... Until today. Most recent firmware installed 2.4
I have used the camera with both an external mixer, going line in and with a battery powered mic going direct mic in.
Both set ups have been satisfactory. Today, out of the blue my direct mic in, has very low level. Bat.is new, mic and cable work perfectly with my second camera Sony FS100. I can not get level above -12 even with the mic gain at 100%. with the mic about 4 inches from my mouth. Obviously I have some kind of pre-amp failure. Anyone had this?

Return to posts index

john mahoney
Re: Audio Pre-amp fail?
on Jan 22, 2016 at 4:57:27 pm

Update:

I just dragged out my mixer, and sent the camera 1K tone at Line level and the camera responded perfectly at the line in setting.
Set the camera and the mixer to mic level and the camera is working fine at mic level.
Disconnected the mixer, and sent the camera direct mic in ( bat powered mic ) at mic level and now it works flawlessly in all settings.
So i guess the problem is fixed for now.
I know you may be tempted to feel that it was operator error, but I assure you I have been doing this for a long time.
The camera did have an issue. I don't know if sending it a line level signal did something to the internal switching, but it works fine now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]