FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMCC ProRes Settings

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asad Javed
BMCC ProRes Settings
on Sep 20, 2015 at 12:46:44 am

Hey you guys!

I got a BMCC and I can see how to change the recording format between ProRes, CinemaDNG and Avid etc. But I can't seem to figure out how to select what kind of prores to film in (proxy, LT, 422, HQ). The option should appear right there, but it doesn't.

How does one do that? Thanks

Return to posts index

erik cantu
Re: BMCC ProRes Settings
on Sep 20, 2015 at 11:25:22 pm

The only menu setting to change the recording format on the BMCC is settings/recording/record format and there is cycles through the different formats: RAW, DNxHD and all the ProRes formats.

What firmware version are you running?

Erik Cantu
Video Producer
RadioU TV & Animal Basement
14 years experience as a fulltime broadcast shooter, editor & broadcast designer.

Return to posts index

Asad Javed
on Sep 21, 2015 at 5:08:37 am

Hey Eric

That's exactly where I'm looking. I can cycle through "ProRes", "Raw 2.5k" and "DNxHD", but there is no choice in what kind of ProRes I'm filming. It just shows "ProRes". In my recordings it appears that it's ProRes HQ by the file size, but I need to film in ProRes 422. Should I be able to see all the ProRes options (Proxy, 422LT, 422, HQ)?

I just updated the firmware yestersay (9/20) so it's up-to-date. Cant figure out how to check the exact version for you.

Any ideas how (and if) i can swap between ProRes modes?

Return to posts index

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
on Sep 21, 2015 at 5:39:29 am

The most current firmware specifically for the BMCC is version 2.1, available here:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/professional-cameras

If you install (or reinstall) v.2.1, are you then able to select multiple ProRes recording modes?

-

---

http://www.peterdv.com
Blog: http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 21, 2015 at 6:55:57 pm

I updated my BMCC 2.5K firmware recently and do have those options available.

Return to posts index

erik cantu
on Sep 23, 2015 at 3:16:18 pm

I'm sorry, but it only sounds like the firmware running on the camera is wrong and the most current version of the blackmagic camera utility needs to be installed on your computer, rebooted and then update the camera via USB connected between them.

Erik Cantu
Video Producer
RadioU TV & Animal Basement
14 years experience as a fulltime broadcast shooter, editor & broadcast designer.

Return to posts index

Asad Javed
on Sep 23, 2015 at 3:33:38 pm

Thanks you guys! It was the firmware. I'm pretty new to Blackmagic, and I figured their utility would keep the camera up to date, but turns out you just have to download the update manually each time. 2.1 is definitely letting me do all that I was missing

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 24, 2015 at 10:06:59 am

I'm very glad you asked, for I didn't realize this was added in the firmware update. I was happy enough to get audio level monitoring! Many other great improvements in the update: these extended ProRes options and the ability to format SSDs in-camera among them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]