FORUMS: list search recent posts

black magic suitable for my needs?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caroline Scott
black magic suitable for my needs?
on Sep 8, 2015 at 11:49:35 am

Hi all,

I am a journalist and am looking for a camera that will allow me to film a variety of scenes that include conferences, talking head interviews, pieces to camera and busy scenes with people moving about etc.

I have heard this is the camera to get if you are making your own films etc but my boss says he likes the look of this. I am used to using a Canon 5D MK III with settings 1/50 shutter speed, 1/25 frame rate, and 1080x1920 frame size in HD.

I'll be uploading most files to YouTube for online viewing

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: black magic suitable for my needs?
on Sep 8, 2015 at 3:58:01 pm

If you are mostly shooting stills the 5D is the way to go. If video is what you shoot most, then you might want a more video-centric camera. There are a lot out there these days. is a viewfinder important? What media do you want to record to?

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Sep 8, 2015 at 8:18:15 pm

Caroline,

We work very closely with blackmagic design and have plenty of knowledge on their products. If you're looking for one and would like some info. about it and if it will fit your needs, please feel free to contact me.

Bryce Arroyo
714-374-4944
Maxx Digital

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Sep 10, 2015 at 2:04:14 pm

Hi Caroline,

When do you need the camera?

If you can wait at all, I think that Panasonic has a real home run in the upcoming DVX200. From what you describe I think that it would fit your needs perfectly while being cost effective, reasonably future proof, and simple to operate. Timecode I/O and full size audio inputs are both very welcome additions.

Personally, I do not always advocate for interchangeable lenses and full system cameras like Blackamgic etc, if it is not necessary for the workflow and image. I think that the 4/3 imager in the DVX200 will give you more than adequate depth of field for a cinematic look and as someone who learned on Panasonic handheld ENG cameras, I can confidently say that they just do things right and do them well.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]