FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rigging Two Monitors to One BMCC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asad Javed
Rigging Two Monitors to One BMCC
on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:52:34 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm expecting my BMCC to arrive in the mail in a couple of days, and I've been working on how to best rig it for my purposes, and I'm hitting a wall
The requirement of the setup is that there be 2 monitors. The first would be a 7" (Pyle PLCMHD70) mounted on the rig to let the first AC pull focus. The second would be a 10" (Lilliput FA1011) connected wirelessly using Nyrius Aries Prime for the director.

Now I know that people normally use an SDI-HDMI converter and plug in their monitors through that. Where I'm stuck is that I need two monitors plugged in, and I can't seem to find a SDI converter that would give me two output ports.

The Nyrius Transmitter (for the 10" director's monitor) is an HDMI connector, while the Pyle (The on-rig monitor) takes both HDMI and YPbPr.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to connect both the devices to my camera? I'm guessing one way would be to connect the SDI-HDMI converter, and then an HDMI splitter to that, and then plugging both things in there, but with so many converters and adapters, I'm scared that I might face a lot of latency on my displays.

Is there a better way to do this? Maybe using the Thunderbolt port. I know that that's principally for waveform monitoring, but if there was a way that I could plug one monitor in through that, then the other I could just go the conventional route of SDI-HDMI with.

I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jens Klein
Re: Rigging Two Monitors to One BMCC
on Jul 9, 2015 at 3:48:42 am

I wouldn't use any splitters on the BMCC camera due to possible damage to the unit -- instead, get a monitor which allows you to loop the SDI signal through -- this way you chain both monitors -- much safer. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Asad Javed
Re: Rigging Two Monitors to One BMCC
on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:07:13 pm

Thanks Jens! I guess I'll keep looking =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]