FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMPCC Steadicam/Ronin

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
BMPCC Steadicam/Ronin
on Jun 13, 2015 at 5:17:38 pm

Hey Y'all!

I run a dual BMPCC set up, shooting mostly in RAW for my commercial clients. I pretty much exclusively create web content for clients so awesome looking HD footage is all I need. I have a Metabones adaptor and also another micro 4/3s to EF adaptor. This is awesome because it means all my canon glass can be used at a 1.75 crop factor (with wider F Stop) AND a 3X crop factor (with standard F Stop.

I recently purchased a RONIN M and am trying to figure out the best lens to use with it.

I have and would use one of the following lenses and I show the what the 35mm focal length equivalent would be depending on the adaptor used.

Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 Standard Adaptor= 33mm- 48mm Metabones Adaptor = 19.3-27.8mm

Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 Standard Adaptor = 54mm - 105mm Metabones Adaptor 30.7-61.3mm

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: BMPCC Steadicam/Ronin
on Jun 14, 2015 at 7:07:15 pm

I would think wider is better because it's easier to frame and keep the subject in frame. Why not rent/borrow both lenses and see which works best for your situation.

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
on Jun 16, 2015 at 3:58:07 pm

Thanks John,

I already have both, I was just seeing if anybody preferred a certain lens for certain reasons. I saw some incredible Tokina Movi footage so I think I'll go with that. I just always love to hear real world experience with certain lenses/focal lengths.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:18:10 pm

We have an 11-16 Tokina we use with our URSA. It's a terrific lens.

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:01:08 pm

I went with the Tokina and man that thing is great with the Ronin. Deep Focus and nice and wide, it handled very well!

Thanks for the input my man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]