FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why buy a BMPC today when the Ursa mini is the same price?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Orlando
Why buy a BMPC today when the Ursa mini is the same price?
on Apr 29, 2015 at 12:23:07 pm

Am I the only one to think the Ursa Mini is making the BMPC 4K Irrelevant?

If you're going to stay with the 4K sensor, why not just by the Ursa Mini instead of the BMPC 4K?
Am I missing something here?

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Why buy a BMPC today when the Ursa mini is the same price?
on Apr 30, 2015 at 1:22:52 pm

I don't think you're missing anything. When the $2995 Mini 4K EF is actually available, the price on the Production Camera 4K EF is going to have to come down.

But the Production Camera does have one price advantage - Blackmagic charges $500 more for the Mini 4K PL, while the Production Camera 4K PL holds the $2995 price point.

Return to posts index

Abi Tunde
on Jun 1, 2015 at 2:58:38 am

short films and event coverage. can you advise on the best lenses to get. so far am for a great wide angle lense, a prime and a standard lense with any two more lenses Keeping in mind that i want to shoot music videos for will the ok for short films and event coverage as well. I have a tight budget so not looking to go all out. Looking for good quality for decent prices.

also is reasonable/possible to use a MFT-EF adaptor so i can used canon lenses, if so got any good adapters in mind?

Return to posts index

erik cantu
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:40:40 pm

While I do understand you about the price point being the same on both cameras that do have the same image sensors and recording formats; the 4k URSA mini seems like a no brainier choice.
I can see somebody still buying the Blackmagic Production Camera because of the smaller size or if they already have accessories for that size camera or because the media is still cheaper per GB than CFast cards.

Erik Cantu
Video Producer
RadioU TV & Animal Basement
14 years experience as a fulltime broadcast shooter, editor & broadcast designer.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:39:57 pm

Hi Philippe,
maybe because today the URSA Mini is not yet available, so if "TODAY" you need a cinema camera... Production 4K or URSA v.1.0 (or Arri Alexa) :-)
Ciao,

Paolo

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 13, 2015 at 10:56:59 pm

I know I'm late to this thread but I would also vote for the Alexa if you can find one for the same price as any of the BM cams. Good luck with that.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Jul 21, 2015 at 11:41:16 am

Thanks for all the answers.
I can wait until the URSA mini comes out between the end of summer and fall and see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]