FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Article: Insight Into the Blackmagic URSA Mini

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Solorio
New Article: Insight Into the Blackmagic URSA Mini
on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:58:16 am

In my new massive article, I share my initial thoughts about the new Blackmagic URSA Mini, a brand new camera from Blackmagic Design announced at the 2015 National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas. Could this be Blackmagic’s greatest camera design yet?

http://www.onerivermedia.com/blog/?p=1410

Topics include the new 4.6K sensor, dynamic range, resolution options, frame-rates, rigging costs, and even an in-depth comparison with the Sony FS7.

Grab a meal... this is a very long read!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Facebook | Twitter | BMCC Newsletter

Return to posts index

James Castro
Re: New Article: Insight Into the Blackmagic URSA Mini
on Apr 29, 2015 at 1:23:39 am

Marco, this is a fantastic blog article! Anyone who is interested in learning more about the URSA Mini would do well to grab a coffee and dig into this blog. Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

I work at: http://www.MultiverseMediaGroup.com

Return to posts index

Tony Marion
on Sep 23, 2015 at 5:09:30 pm

Hey Marco,

Just reread this and some other articles on your site. I'm specing out an Ursa Mini package and I need some lens advice.

I'm a one man band that has been making a living for several years shooting mostly with zooms for convenience/time management. I'm torn between a set of Rokinon primes and the two Canon 2.8 zooms that together cover from 24mm - 200mm. Function is more important than price; better glass and ease of use will trump expense for me (and I already own FF gears), but if the difference in image quality is negligible and the learning curve on swapping out primes during a shoot isn't super steep, I'll happily spend the $2000 saved on more lighting. What say you: Rokinon primes or Canon zooms?

Thanks. And thanks again for the time that you took to chat with everyone after the BMD event in NYC.

Tony Marion
@cinceclepictures

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Nov 16, 2015 at 5:33:23 pm

This ursa mini sounds great but I don't work on a mac. cinema dng is great but the hardware to work it makes the camera to expensive. for the money i would need to invest i can almost get a sony f5.

Why not add a avid dnx file?

As much as I like it its a no from me.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]