FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper Audio equipment ?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ToNY D. [cbmg]
Proper Audio equipment ?
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:41:05 am

Hey guys fell into a problem here. I have a Canon 6D and at first was using a regular $30 mic which was good but wanted to upgrade so I got the mini Rode mic used it for a month but it kept giving me static and so I went for the Rode VideoMic and now I have it I am having a whole bunch of hissing which I can't get ride of.. But the main part is, is that I bought a Black Magic Cinema Camera 4k and plugged the Rode Video Mic into the input and the sound it gave me in post was tremendously low and hissing just like on the DSLR.. I am ready to sell all these previous microphones and just buy something that will no longer give me trouble. Or what can I do to fix these problems? Buy a preamp ? Someone please tell me what should I do, I was looking into the Zoom H4n Handy Mobile would that be a good microphone to grab or just buy a preamp to boost the microphones volume.

Return to posts index

erik cantu
Re: Proper Audio equipment ?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 6:27:33 pm

I would by a a mic preamp from Juicelink or Beachtek over a second system sound recorder. They punch up the sound to where you need it for the camera's inputs, attach to the camera so they are convenient to work with, and no need to press record on two devices each time, and certainly no need to sync audio in post.
Most of my work is easy indoor interviews - not a lot of moving around, so I just run my mics into my Sound Devices 302 mixer and then into my BMCC. The input of the BMCC's audio input is set very low, often 5%, and the mixer just does the work of delivering a strong signal.

Erik Cantu
Video Producer
RadioU TV & Animal Basement
14 years experience as a fulltime broadcast shooter, editor & broadcast designer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]