FORUMS: list search recent posts

Declicked Aperture Lens for BMCC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cinema Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Declicked Aperture Lens for BMCC
on Oct 28, 2014 at 11:50:39 pm

Does anyone know if the Rokinon declicked lens for Canon EF will work on the Cinema Camera? Looking to make a purchase soon and just need some quick advice. Thanks!

Return to posts index

erik cantu
Re: Declicked Aperture Lens for BMCC
on Oct 29, 2014 at 10:49:58 am

Yes, since those are all manual lenses there is nothing making them incompatible if the mounts are the same.

Return to posts index

Gavin Stokes
Re: Declicked Aperture Lens for BMCC
on Nov 11, 2014 at 11:08:39 pm

If you're talking about the Rokinon 35mm lens, I have an opinion to offer.

I bought his lens recently after reading good reviews, and used it on a shoot this past weekend on my BMPC 4K. The results were poor. Looking at the footage after the first day's shooting, I was shocked at the haloes and lack of sharpness that characterized this lens's images. The Canon still lenses I used for other shots absolutely blew the Rokinon away.

I was shooting with the Rokinon at 5.6 and wider, which was required for the depth of field we wanted. Here's a grab of the results with the lens wide open (or nearly so):

While I greatly preferred using a proper cinema lens (with gears on the focusing ring and hard focusing stops and manual aperture), the poor quality compromised the entire production. Even at less-than-wide-open apertures, the sharpness was obviously inferior to the Canon still lenses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]